TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Voice Control cannot be used with your display language

I have a Go5000. I used to be able to use voice control, but it has stopped working showing the above message.

Can you help please

S

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 1,662 Superuser
    Hi @Silverdove

Have you changed the Voice recently or has it changed without you knowing it.

Have you got Serena as you voice, if not change it to that. Needs to be a Digitalised voice.

If you have then try a Soft Reset by turning your GO5000 on then Holding the On/Off button down for about 20 seconds until you hear the Drumroll sound.

If that does not work then check on MyDrive that all your My Places and Poi files are stored there. Then do a Full Factory Reset in Systems. Then when you have logged into your account on the GO5000 it should reload the MyPlaces and Poi files.

If that does not work try Customer Support.

Doug
  • SilverdoveSilverdove Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Hi @DougLap

Thanks for your reply.

I use Naoimh as my 'voice' and I do not have Serena as a choice. Maybe I removed it some time in the past.

I have used Naoimh since I purchased my TomTom and the voice control ("Go Home" etc) used to work with her as my choice.

Do you think the factory reset is the solution?

S
    Hi @Silverdove

I have downloaded Naoimh onto my unit and Voice Control works.

Before you do a factory reset I would connect my GO5000 as you would for updates. Then I would click on My Content then scroll down and Select Add Voices so you can add Serena.

Once you have loaded that voice switch off and restart the GO5000 and then see if the Voice control works.

If that does not work then do a factory reset following which you will have both Naoimh and Serena to try.

Hope that helps

Doug
    Hi @DougLap

I downloaded Seren and all is well again. :-)

Thanks for your help!

S
    Hi @Silverdove

Pleased to hear it.

The odd thing is that when I used Naoimh's voice when using Voice Control I thought it sounded more like Serena. So I deleted Serena from my unit and Voice control stops working. Therefore Voice control needs Serena on the unit although you have Naoimh or some other Voice selected.

Doug
    Hi @DougLap

Looks like I might have done that - though Serena does sound mechanical as compared to Naoimh's - to my ears anyway :-)

So now I have Serena saying "I'm listening" and Naoimh giving me directions.

All is good !

They should make Serena's voice undeletable.

S
    Hi @Silverdove

The advantage of Serena is that with her selected you can get her to read out more detailed direction information such as Read Aloud Road Sign Information and Street names etc.

All depends on what you want.

Doug
    Hi @DougLap

I'll give it a try - though how myTomTom will react on her now being called Serena I'm not sure :-))

Sad I know!

S