Fitness Points data not correct — TomTom Community

Fitness Points data not correct

barleebarlee Posts: 13 [Apprentice Seeker]
Check out the 2 highlighted activities here and the score for the lo90f78394-b139-4bb7-85f1-8368dca1dc16.pngnger distance is almost half. Any ideas.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,793 Superusers
    That is the Fitness Points, which is based on HR, not distance and is virtually meaningless. They tried to make some form of a fitness stat to compete with Garmin and Strava and did a poor job at it. It is theoretically based on HR to get a hypothetical VO2Max which is then used to calculate points based on how long you were in each HR zone, but there is no rhyme nor reason to it. I honestly don't feel you can make any judgments from what it is telling you in terms of fitness points or fitness age. It only uses runs or cycles to calculate points and while it does refine its readings over time, but it seems to be a random, capricious measure that ties to very little. It is based on whatever algorithm TT came up with, which is different than what Garmin uses or Strava uses, or anyone else. Ultimately, I don't expect a watch to be able to tell me how fit I am.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • barleebarlee Posts: 13 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Not totally bothered if I am honest, just not sure how consistently over the last few months, a long distance run (12k's or so) would score 1500+ and this one is way lower, very odd, my heart rate would be the same as I have done this route prior. Perhaps a software glitch on their end. Thanks in any case for your explanation.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,793 Superusers
    barlee wrote:
    Not totally bothered if I am honest, just not sure how consistently over the last few months, a long distance run (12k's or so) would score 1500+ and this one is way lower, very odd, my heart rate would be the same as I have done this route prior. Perhaps a software glitch on their end. Thanks in any case for your explanation.
    I would not try to look for any logic in it. I think the computer has a dartboard that it throws darts at to generate a random number. It is that meaningless.
  • barleebarlee Posts: 13 [Apprentice Seeker]
    LOL...