Accident Black Spots — TomTom Community

Accident Black Spots

I have a TT GO 5100 which for some unknown reason reports Accident Black Spots as "Accident Black START!

This used to work OK until several months ago (probably after an update?)

I use the "Serena" voice which reads out street names. The announcement is the same for all Accident Black Spots so it cannot be location dependant, but more like the recording for the Black Spots.

I have previously seen comments on this forum about the same issue going back to last year but cannot see if this problem has ever been solved by TomTom. Can you please advise? Thanks.

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,600 Superuser
    @Deets55

Please specify the exact versions, as there have been problems with certain combinations, to find out see https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12214/locale/en_GB and report back.
    Also when was the last time you did a speed camera update
  • Deets55Deets55 Posts: 20 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi there. I have Application version 18.200.0018.311 (0)(02/08/2018) TT GO 5100. Last camera update would have been possibly last week as I have not had any this week.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,600 Superuser
    @Deets55

Think you will have to contact Customers Services to clear the old camera database so you can get a clean fresh one as the one from a last week was corrupted

See this thread for a similar experience https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-wi-fi-6200-5200-620-520-52-professional-via-53-go-camper-go-basic-482/speed-camera-alerts-not-working-on-my-go-6200-device-1039907?postid=1236641

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • lee8932lee8932 Posts: 73 [Legendary Explorer]
    So I still have this problem from a year ago when I reported it. The final word on my issue was that it was reported to the technicians. However 1 year on I still have this issue and it seems so do others. Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,380 TomTom Moderator
    Hello everyone reporting the pronunciation bug with the computer voice...

We are planning to create a ticket of this, we have received some similar reports through the customer service as well.

What information is needed:
    1. Selected computer voice-
    2. Selected country on the device when you first get started-
    3. Language choosen in the device menu-
    Thank you
    Vikram :)
  • Deets55Deets55 Posts: 20 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Was the issue relating to Accident Black Spot being pronounced Accident Black Start ever solved????