Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• khzkhz Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    khz wrote:
    Hi there.

Please can you rollback my version on my TomTom spark from 1.7.64. The battery life drain is killing my device in under an hour

Edit: i have done a factory reset and no change in battery life drain

Thanks

Hi @lampard & [user=93]Jürgen[/user]
    Just tagging you in. Pleeeeeeease help thanks!
  • FatedFated Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard & @Jürgen,

I have a Spark 3 for some time now, and I love this watch, since I upgraded to 1.7.64 I am having the same problema of the other users, battery life drain quickly, I realy love to have this fixed, I already tried the factory reset but nothing changed, I want to downgrade to 1.3.255. Can you please help me?

Thank you very much.
    Kind Regards.
  • Alex-GorAlex-Gor Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard , could you please downgrade my firmware to v 1.7.62? I can't connect to smartphone. Tks so much
  • IsabelMariaIsabelMaria Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard !

Please can you rollback my version on my TomTom spark from 1.7.64. The battery life drain is killing my device in under an hour. I've done a factory reset and no change in battery life drain.

Thanks,

Isabel
  • MonouMonou Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi guys! @lampard [user=93]Jürgen[/user] can you guys please roll back my firmware to 1.3.255? Many thanks!
  • lampardlampard Posts: 3,965 TomTom Moderator
    HI All,

Sorry for the delay in response!

Checking all your profile, the first connection of your watch to our servers happened way before we released build 1.6.26 (12 September 2017). This build introduced new Bluetooth connectivity to support smartphone notifications.
    We saw some reports of this build having a bad impact on battery live. Though we could never reproduce the issue ourselves we are still trying to find a possible cause. However, if there is an issue causing bad battery life then it will have had an impact right after installing the update more than a year ago.

Try the following:
    · Your watch and your phone may be trying to establish a Bluetooth connection without success, for example when your phone isn’t in reach. To check this, go to SETTINGS > PHONE > MANAGE > SYNCING and switch syncing off.

If this improves battery life, try making your phone forget the watch in its Bluetooth settings and pair the devices again.
    · Make sure you haven’t accidentally enabled night mode. Check SETTINGS > OPTIONS > NIGHT.
    · Try a factory reset in the Settings of Sports Connect.

Batteries deplete over time. This very much depends on individual use. If none of the above tips help and your watch is still within warranty, follow the Contact us link at the bottom of this page.

@ShelleyD Please first make a factory reset on your watch and see if it improves the situation.

Thanks, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• Jonny ErnyJonny Erny Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello @lampard ,
    same issues here, could you please roll me back to 1.3.255
    Thank you
  • MaverickMayMaverickMay Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi

Can you help to downgrade my firmware to 1.3.255? For my runner 3. Thanks.
    @Jonny Erny Your watch has the old software 1.7.53 installed on it, please connect your watch to the PC and update it to the 1.7.64 version using Sports Connect first. The battery issue may occur directly after updating the watch to 1.7.64 and can be fixed with a factory reset on your watch.

@MaverickMay Your watch was connected to our servers for the first time more than 18 months ago. So a roll-back didn't make too much sense in the first place. If there was an issue related to the 1.6 / 1.7 build you would have experienced this more than a year ago when we made 1.6.26 available as mentioned in my reply here. Please try a factory reset and test if it makes any difference. Otherwise, I'm afraid this is simply a depleted battery.

Thanks, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.

• MaverickMayMaverickMay Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard my watch was getting drained with 1.7.64 even I am just leaving the watch idle not using. Before was working fine with 1.7.62. Can u help me to revert to the,previous firmware.
  • khzkhz Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thanks @lampard
    I have attempted your suggestions above. I'm still battling with poor battery performance.
    Before i mark it off as the battery itself. Any chance you can roll me back to test with and if it doesnt improve drastically. then all signs point to actual battery degradation

Thanks
    Khz
  • IambeastxIambeastx Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @lampard

I'm not sure if your response included my request.
    This is a phone this watch has never connected to before, so i'm hoping a rollback will help connectivity issues.
  • FatedFated Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard

Hi, you didnt reply to me, has I told before, I tried the factory reset and it didnt work, the night option is off, and I dont sync with my phone, it lasts before 2 to 3 weeks without charging (I was not using the sports modes), now it only lasts 3 to 4 days, and this started with the update to the last firmware version, I realy need the downgrade.
    Please help me. Thank you.
  • wkeuningwkeuning Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @lampard

I'm experiencing Bluetooth connectivity issues as well on v1.7.64 (Runner 3). I already tried all of the solutions stated in this topic (including a factory reset of the watch). Can I get a rollback to v1.3.255?
    @wkeuning @lambeastx There is no need to rollback for the Bluetooth pairing issues, I would advise you to start from the scratch and reset the connections by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone, see here: Android/iOS

This should do the trick!

Cheers, lampard

lampard wrote:
    @wkeuning @lambeastx There is no need to rollback for the Bluetooth pairing issues, I would advise you to start from the scratch and reset the connections by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone, see here: Android/iOS

Cheers, lampard

@lampard

I've already tried that, including a factory reset of the watch, removing the watch from paired devices via my phones Bluetooth settings menu, removing the MySports app, reinstalling the app, renaming the name of the watch, etc.

I might have a different problem than others though, the app doesn't find my watch at all, I do not have the issue with entering the PIN, it's even before this step. My phone (OnePlus One, Android 6.0.1) can find the device via the Bluetooth settings menu of the phone (I do not connect the watch via this way). I used this phone before to pair and sync with this watch without any problems. Last week the watch wouldn't sync, so I thought maybe removing the watch and re-pairing it might help, but now I can't seem to pair the watch and the phone at all :(
  • WalkRideRunWalkRideRun Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Please roll back firmware version to 1.3.255.

I have a Spark/Runner 3 purchased just over 1 year ago. For about 8 weeks I can not get more than 45 minutes of GPS activity before the watch completely dies. I have tried everything - charging from different sources, several factory resets, have turned off all alerts, sensors, sleep, have unpaired with my phone so it does not sync.

The battery will indicate charged, but as soon as I take it off charger it is more like 50%, and will not make it through one run. It is pretty much useless at this point!! I have seen on the forum others who have had the same issue that rolled the watch back to the previous update. Is this something I can try asap? Thanks

• MonouMonou Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampard my tomtom spark is draining battery very fast. I tried multiple times factory reset, hard reset, and after that disable all features, including unpairing with my phone. My problem is not bluetooth conectivity. Can you please roll back my firmware to a stable version? thanks
  • Rika880202Rika880202 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard

I have done all the other steps and done a reset on my 8 month old Spark 3 running watch. My battery still drains rediculously fast to the point where it barely lasts a marathon ever since it is on the 1.7.64 version. Can you please roll back my version to 1.3.255 as well. Thank you. Rika
  • mhellmmhellm Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi All,

After flashing my phone (BQ Aquaris X Pro) to Android Oreo and re-installing the Tomtom Sports app it is not possible to pair my Spark 3 watch to the phone any more. The watch is currently running the latest firmware 1.7.64.

I would like to ask to roll back the watch firmware to version 1.3.255 as well.

Thanks in advance, mhellm.
  • amb87amb87 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I would also like to roll back to version 1.3.255 as my TomTom Spark 3's battery is draining very quickly ( matter of minutes) and when I try a factory reset only rolls back to the most recent software update
  • IambeastxIambeastx Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    lampard wrote:

Cheers, lampard

Hey lampard,

This phone has never connected to this watch, therefore it has no existing watch connection.
    In case you refer to all connections, i also tried removing all of existing profiles for all devices and then restarted the phone before attempting the tomtom pairing.

The watch see's the phone attempting to connect and offers a PIN onscreen, but this authentication doesn't appear on the phone, i get no PIN entry on the phone.
    @wkeuning @Iambeastx It's best if you can get in touch with our support, report this with the Phone model and Android/iOS version you're using to investigate further.

@mhellm The version 1.3.255 doesn't help in case there's a Bluetooth pairing issue. Can you try re-installing the Sports App and also remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of your device?Once this is done, pair the device again from scratch by resetting the connections and removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone, see here: Android

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers, lampard

lampard wrote:
    @wkeuning @Iambeastx It's best if you can get in touch with our support, report this with the Phone model and Android/iOS version you're using to investigate further.

@mhellm The version 1.3.255 doesn't help in case there's a Bluetooth pairing issue. Can you try re-installing the Sports App and also remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of your device?Once this is done, pair the device again from scratch by resetting the connections and removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone, see here: Android
    Let us know how it goes!

Cheers, lampard

Ah, removing the app and deleting theTomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of my phone did the trick! After reinstalling the app, it found my watch instantly. Did had to try the pairing process 3 times though (first 2 times the app didn't go to the 'enter PIN' screen)
  • JimbooooJimboooo Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard

I'm also suffering from dreadful battery life on my Runner 2 Cardio+Music after updating to 1.7.64. Please can I be rolled back to 1.3.255?