The Indoor Cycling Feature on Spark 3 — TomTom Community

The Indoor Cycling Feature on Spark 3

barleebarlee Posts: 13 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi,

I have been given a bike to use for a while to train, I am not a cyclist at all and this is all new to me, I run a lot, but need to expand, so if I have this bike and one of those training things for the back when so I can train indoors. How will my watch detect how far etc I am travelling?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,782 Superusers
    In order to track indoor cycling you would need to have a speed & cadence sensor attached to the bike. It has to be BT+ Compatible, not ANT+.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • barleebarlee Posts: 13 [Apprentice Seeker]
    HI, IS this required only for indoor, or would I also need it for outdoor cycling?
    barlee wrote:
    HI, IS this required only for indoor, or would I also need it for outdoor cycling?
    For outdoor cycling it will use GPS for speed but you cannot get cadence without a sensor. Indoors you need the sensor for both.
    Thank you
    Hi Again, do you know if this watch will work with other brands sensors like "Garmin speed and cadence sensor"? The reason I ask is my friend has one that I can use
    barlee wrote:
    Hi Again, do you know if this watch will work with other brands sensors like "Garmin speed and cadence sensor"? The reason I ask is my friend has one that I can use
    I doubt it unless it is a very new one, as Garmin does not use BT+, they use ANT+ (which they own). You need to have a BT+ sensor.