Device not recognized plus no driver — TomTom Community

Device not recognized plus no driver

Laptop won't recognise my Start 25 any more. It appears with an exclamation mark in Devices and Printers. Also the driver appears with an exclamation mark in Device Manager. In the details of the driver it's said that it "This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)". I'm invited to update it. I uninstall, re-download MyDriveConnect. Same thing happens. I've tested the USB ports and they're fine, and the USB drivers are up-to-date. This has happened many times. I've done the soft re-set of the device, too. But today, a new thing: when I re-download MyDriveConnect, it's stopped even downloading the faulty driver: it doesn't appear in the list in Device Manager any more, and instead of being told that the driver has not installed properly, I'm told that "TomTom has no driver." Ready to give up. Any ideas gratefully received.

Comments

• shreshant8shreshant8 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    A lot of users want to know the solution when usb device not recognized windows 10. This situation very irritating or annoying when you want to transfer data usb to PC or laptop and you will this error. There are a lot of reasons occurring this error. Most of the time due to the outdated USB drivers cause this error.

Method 1: Updating USB Device Drivers: We can fix this error to update the USB drivers which already installed in the PC. For this purpose, Open the Device Manager window > Expand the Universal Serial Bus controller to see the USB devices > Right-click on it and Update Driver Software.... Option > Search automatically for updated driver software.

Method 2: Uninstall Hidden Devices: Write command prompt in Windows Search bar > Right click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator > Write set DEVMGR_SHOW_DETAILS=1 and press Enter > Write set DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1 and press Enter > Write start devmgmt.msc and press Enter > Click View and choose Show hidden devices > Expand Imaging Devices, Universal Serial Bus Controllers and Unknown Devices to double click on them > You should confirm there is not greyed out devices there and if you see any grey out devices then uninstall it. I found solution at https://appuals.com/fix-usb-device-not-recognized-on-windows-10/ where you will see more similar kinds of solutions.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0