Original BLUE&ME software for TOMTOM GO DEVICE! HELP — TomTom Community

Original BLUE&ME software for TOMTOM GO DEVICE! HELP

FuffiluffiFuffiluffi Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi, i have a TOMTOM GO BLUE&ME from 2011 and i just wanted to update the software and map via TOMETOM HOME. It failed so i tried to format the navi the way the support page advised me to. The problem is, that now the BLUE&ME function/icons are missing on the unit so i can't connect it to my car, which is a Fiat Punto Evo from 2011. TOMTOM only supports the software WITHOUT the blue&me function, and they tells me that the 2 folders "Carlink" and "Reflection" on the navi are the ones which are the Blue&Me function. They are still on the navi, but maybe there are some files missing?
I have also contacted several Fiat dealers and Fiat International, spoken to their support, but it seems that nobody can help me.
What i am searching is an ORIGINAL software version with BLUE&ME funtions.
The www.blueandme.net doesn't provide that, they only provide the software for the car, NOT the device:(
Can anyone who has a similar device send me a copy of their files/software (without the map) so i can try and copy it to MY device?
THANKS!

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,201 Superusers
    Did you make a backup of the device's contents prior to formatting the device?
  • FuffiluffiFuffiluffi Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, i took a backup, but as i still have a active map license i followed the instructions from the TOMTOM support page that says to remove all TOMTOM HOME program and files from my computer and that i did. The navi functions as a "normal" TOMTOM device now, but the BLUE&ME icons are not avaible on the device.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,201 Superusers
    Sorry but I'm missing the plot here.

Do you have Home installed on your computer? If so, what are you referring to when you say you removed HOME program and files from the computer?

And whether Home is on the computer or not, how would that affect the BLUE&ME icons on the device?

And, in your first post, you say they are on the device and NOT on the device :?

And why can't Fiat Support offer assistance?
  • FuffiluffiFuffiluffi Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I understand you, because this is complicated and i am not fluent in english, but i followed this procedure (not sure if this link is in Danish only):
    https://dk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12434/related/1
    You will need to read the instructions, so you can understand why and what i have done.
    The 2 folders "Carlink" and "Reflection" are "inside" the navi, but the BLUE&ME function/icons are not avaible on the screen when i start the device up to use it.
    Why Fiat can't help me, i don't know, they want me to buy a new TOMTOM i think! :cool:
  • amntoamnto Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have tomtom blue&me but i can't the pairing with blue&me becouse the blue&me icona missing in the tomtom.

Fiat can't help becouse the sw is tomtom sw...
  • JakewhJakewh Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem. TomTom support is useless and can not help.
    I guess I can blow up the device