Unable to access photos — TomTom Community

Unable to access photos

Stfc1972Stfc1972 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
first screen a80e57a6-6f78-4e14-9057-f2cd1a5ac2df.png4516fd34-55b4-44b6-bded-fb6ea09af0ce.pngi’ve upgraded my phone from iPhone 6s to iPhone 8 and now I’m unable to share my runs with a photo as I’m unable to access my photos - I get a screen asking for access and if I click on settings it gives me no option to do this.
Can anyone help..?? I’ve given access to other apps such as Instagram, Facebook etc. a80e57a6-6f78-4e14-9057-f2cd1a5ac2df.png4516fd34-55b4-44b6-bded-fb6ea09af0ce.png
Tagged:

Comments

• Mski35Mski35 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I've been having this exact issue and the exact same settings. I am unable to take a picture to add it to a workout or choose an existing picture from my pic gallery.

This seems like a bug that needs to be rectified.
  • CarlosJBCarlosJB Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I’m also obversing the same, using an iPhone 7. Same error messages.

Is there an answer to this??
  • tallmandtallmand Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I am also have the same issue, any fix for this in the works?
  • hrzsolthrzsolt Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same issue here, still no solution.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,142 Moderator
    Hi hrzsolt,

Welcome to the Community!

Can you please elaborate the issue with some more details? Are you adding the pictures from Camera roll or any other folder?

Cheers, Piyush
  • hrzsolthrzsolt Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The problem is the same as above.
    You cant share a run as picture.
    It asks for permission to access the gallery, but you cant, as there is no setting for it.
    Regards,
    Zsolt
  • Erik_42195Erik_42195 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampard Same issue here. When trying to share an activity I have the option to add a photo. Selecting 'take a photo' will result in the app requesting and getting permission to access the camera. Selecting 'choose from gallery' will unsuccessfully request access to the camera roll. It opens the settings screen, but no access request is being submitted.
    For me this issue started after an upgrade from iPhone 6 to 8 (before it was fine). I run the latest software available for all components.
    I was hopeful seeing an update to the software but this still remains an issue. Is there a timeline in place when we can expect this issue to be corrected/fixed? Both iOS & TomTom Sports are up to date and this issue is getting old.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,575
    Superusers
    tallmand wrote:
    I was hopeful seeing an update to the software but this still remains an issue. Is there a timeline in place when we can expect this issue to be corrected/fixed? Both iOS & TomTom Sports are up to date and this issue is getting old.
    TomTom will not give a timeline nor will they comment publicly on updates. Bear in mind they have left the market, pulled all their products from US stores and laid off the entire Sports Division, so it is entirely possible that these issues will never be addressed.
  • Ale_T80Ale_T80 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I had the same problem. It was enough to delete and reinstall the app. Probably i had denied the access to photo and gallery the first time i used it.
    Thank you - that worked!
  • tri4funtri4fun Posts: 13 [Legendary Explorer]
    Thanks, Ale_T80, it worked.
    Finally I can use the picture I want on my shares. YAY
  • Erik_42195Erik_42195 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Delete and reinstall the app works for me. Still feel I shouldn't have to, and am also a little disappointed in the lack of support from TomTom. But hey, I can finally add that victorious finish photo again!