A lot of speed limits wrong- Map quality — TomTom Community

A lot of speed limits wrong- Map quality

BonspottyBonspotty Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 29 in Map quality
There are many areas around my area that the speed limits are wrong. They have been these limits since I have been in the area....7 years. Old tomtom allowed me to modify. This will not. Not happy as how can the gps calculate the best route using incorrect data. One road, fair enough, but there are numerous.

Comments

• BonspottyBonspotty Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Lawson road from mary valley highway is not 50! it is 80 until the first cross road when it goes to 70
    Other rural roads are marked 50 when they are 60....
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,173 Superusers
    Use tomtom.com/mapshare/tools to report issues such as this. Mind you, accepted changes will take 3-6 months to appear in map releases.
  • Ulli01Ulli01 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    A major problem with that reporting tool is, that it is not displaying the speeds actual set with the map!
    It would be easy, if I could display the actual speeds, to find the wrong ones, and to correct.
    Right now I have to travel a road, must remember every failure, and sit down at home to find the right position in a map without satellitepictures, and to set the correct values.
    This also results in a bad quality of the messages, as the exact positions of the Signs are often very hard to set on the map, without any references like housings etc.

If TomTom really would like improve the often very bad quality of the data's of its maps, it has to improve the tools to report mistakes!

In my area, here within Bavaria in Germany, I would estimate around 70% of wrong speed limits. A lot of them had changed some 5-10 years ago!
    That's a shame...:sob:
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,563 Superuser
    @VikramK

What is the status of the previous requests for this?
  • Met-MannMet-Mann Posts: 51 [Master Traveler]
    I want the map correction function like on the Go World 1015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tomtom, WAKE UP and LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS or you will end up like Navigon!
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 640 [Supreme Pioneer]
    dhn wrote:
    Mind you, accepted changes will take 3-6 months to appear in map releases.

Unfortunately it can take TomTom a very long time to "accept" the change!

One of mine is still at "Pending" 8 months after reporting it!!
  • optrex2optrex2 Posts: 28 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I've been having this problem with tomtom for 10 years. Things I complained about 7 years ago, still haven't been fixed speed limit wise. Including ones I reported
    @optrex2

You show an outdated map (955) in your profile. Perhaps the latest (1015) reflects current speed limits?
  • optrex2optrex2 Posts: 28 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Please don't be so rediculous. Why would I have a 3 year old map on my device? I'll update my profile when tt gets its act together for the service I pay for.
    Vegemite gone bad, mate?
  • BrianEBrianE Posts: 501 [Exalted Navigator]
    Met-Mann wrote:
    I want the map correction function like on the Go World 1015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tomtom, WAKE UP and LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS or you will end up like Navigon!
    They are already going down that route if the news reported in another thread is anything to go by.