How to use the compass? — TomTom Community

How to use the compass?

barleebarlee Posts: 13 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi,

I read that this feature is handy for if you go walking and want to return to the point you left from, is there any information on how I can use this, for example, if I want to walk around London, will this GPS watch note the point of departure and be able to take me back to that point later?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,819 Superusers
    Not at all, there is no return to start feature. You can see the compass by pressing right and then up from in an activity but it simply shows you the compass. If you already have a trail loaded on the watch it will show you the trail and alert you if you are off of it, but it will not reroute you or tell you how to get back on it. It is not like a car GPS, it is a single line breadcrumb trail (basically a squiggly line on the screen with an arrow pointing ahead, there is no map). It will be particularly useless in a city where the GPS is likely to be blocked by buildings and will be off.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • barleebarlee Posts: 13 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you, it is not big deal for me if it is not available, the watch is still so great that even if this ability is not there, it makes no difference, I am human, I can navigate myself :)
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,819 Superusers
    barlee wrote:
    Thank you, it is not big deal for me if it is not available, the watch is still so great that even if this ability is not there, it makes no difference, I am human, I can navigate myself :)
    Glad I could help. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.