avoid dirt, yes please, always!! — TomTom Community

avoid dirt, yes please, always!!

JoelS.JoelS. Posts: 286 [Exalted Navigator]
edited January 21 in RIDER
why does the include unpaved like to turn off so much, if i change the route type ?? i don't want dirt, not now, later, direct, or thrill or winding route. many times it will change to include when changing route type, then i have to stop and change it, or push small buttons on the fly with my gloves on.

why is this setting for years unable to be set.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,979 Superusers
    Hi
    @Joel S.

I recall a discussion a while ago where the Plan a thrill option was returning 'No route possible'

Avoid Unpaved roads on every route Ignored....
    I recall this as being a compromise to a 'No Route Possible' error
    When the Thrill route option was introduced, in certain circumstances where a user had set 'Avoid on every route + 'Unpaved roads', the device reported 'No Route possible'... When in fact there was a route possible but using 'Unpaved roads'

If you have 'Avoid on every route + Unpaved roads' (or one or more of the other 3 options) set and you want to pre-check a route....
    After the device has calculated the route Tap the 4Dot (....) --> Tap Current Route... If the Route is OK the 'Avoid Toll and More' Icon will be greyed out
    If the the 'Avoid Toll and More' Icon is highlighted Tap on the 'Avoid Toll and More' Icon
    The option/s causing the problem/s will be highlighted

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    i don't always stop to change things, then the includes dirt is only shown for a few seconds, where something can be hit to exclude, then more small buttons need to be hit for the route to exclude dirt.

say you don't want to be on a ferry, every third time it decides too bad, let's head to the boat. lol it gets old,and frustrating.

(for sure there are routes available, i know tons of ways to get from a to b without dirt. and no, this isnt a thinks its paved or not dirt. )

thanks for the time, just a quirk i thought might be addressed , lol, i know, we all wish for something.