No final description of destination — TomTom Community

No final description of destination

Ever since the last update. It gives you all the info as you are driving. But when you get to the end. It doesn't tell you if the location is on your left or right. It says "you final destination is" and it stops. Any thoughts? Cheers!

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,563 Superuser
    @Ewetwo

Which voice are you using? "Samantha" is the normal one to give the full descriptions
  • EwetwoEwetwo Posts: 14 [Apprentice Traveler]
    No. Bonnie. I had to erase all the names because it said there wasn't enough memory to do the map update. And I also had to get rid of Canadian and Mexican maps. So it's only the United State on it. That's when It started. When I had to get rid of things.
    @Ewetwo

"BL">VIA 1500 / 1505, 4GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3

Your device supports the addition of a 16 GB class 10 SDHC memory card to install one see https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-800-1000-2000-series-via-series-start-20-and-60-series-mydrive-19/formatting-a-micro-sdhc-card-990256

With one of these you can have all your maps and voices back
    To get "Samantha" see https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/install-and-remove-voices-with-mydrive-connect-1022208
    I looked at what disc I should buy here in the states and I'm totally confused. Old guy here. LOL.. I have a TomTom Via 1500 and the serial number starts with BL. If I went to Walmart. They wouldn't know. So I have to know in order to pick the right disc. I do appreciate your help. I do have Scandiscs for my camera. But they are the larger ones.
    I'm going to get one today. I want to thank you for all your help Niall. It is greatly appreciated. Now if I can figure out where to click "Mark as Solution". LOL!
    I bought the card. A PNY Disc. Installed it into the slot.. Did the format. Everything was fine. I turned it off and plugged it into the computer to see if it's reading the memory and now it won't start. Dead. What now?

Never mind. It finally started. I checked it with TomTom Connect and it recognizes the card now. Great! Had me scared for a moment. :slight_smile:
    @Ewetwo

Remember after each up date to do a soft reset, you will loose nothing, it is like rebooting your computer and reloads all the new files from an update.

A soft reset :- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button. Make sure you are outside and have a clear view of the sky (satellites)
    Thank you so much Niall. Maybe I interrupted it while it was updating. I never knew about this.