Speed camera function missing Rider 420 — TomTom Community

Speed camera function missing Rider 420

wordsmithwordsmith Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 11 in RIDER
Just bought a Rider 420 for motorcycle use. Went through the computer/device installation/set-up process etc.

The unit seems to work OK generally but it is not showing speed camera locations, despite the fact that the function is turned on in Settings.

I notice also that the map that comes up when you open the route planning function in MyDrive Connect does not show speed camera locations.

It seems to me that either the installation process malfunctioned, or I've failed to tick some box along the way.

Can anyone suggest a way forward?

Comments

• basfluijtbasfluijt Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hi @wordsmith,

Im not sure about the 420 but on my 450 and now 550, speed cameras only show up if they are on my planned route. When looking at the map without an active route I never spotted them. But when navigating they do popup and show in de bar on the right.

Hope this info is still accurate since I still ever so often get a warning during my commute but never check on the map without an active route.

Kind regards,
    Bas
    Ride safe and enjoy!
  • ChrisHallChrisHall Posts: 252 [Exalted Navigator]
    basfluijt wrote:
    Hi @wordsmith,

Im not sure about the 420 but on my 450 and now 550, speed cameras only show up if they are on my planned route. When looking at the map without an active route I never spotted them. But when navigating they do popup and show in de bar on the right.

Hope this info is still accurate since I still ever so often get a warning during my commute but never check on the map without an active route.

Kind regards,
    Bas

The speed camera warnings are designed as stated by Bas.

Navigating a planned route - the cameras are shown on the route bar and on the map with visual and audible warnings.
    Navigation not operational - no route bar obviously, and cameras not shown on the map. However as you approach a camera location visual (distance countdown and orange or red background depending on the excess speed, and audible warnings are given.
  • wordsmithwordsmith Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    OK. So they won't show unless there's a route bar, and you only get a route bar if you've planned the route. But on an unplanned route, the system should provide advanced warning. Thanks, I'll go out and check it (when it stops raining). Thanks guys.