TomTom Adventurer watch display not illuminating — TomTom Community

TomTom Adventurer watch display not illuminating

Rahul88Rahul88 Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
I’ve tried using the two finger cover method on the display of the watch, but it doesn’t work for me. Usually it does work, but what I’ve observed is that when the battery is low (usually 1 bar), then it mostly doesn’t light up on my covering 2 fingers on the display. Sometimes it would, when I keep the fingers on for too long, perhaps. But generally, like I said before, it works with 2 fingers covered. Has it got something to do with battery preservation or what? I’m guessing the sensor on the screen wouldn’t be activated every time, so as to preserve battery. What’s going on here? Pls advice, anyone.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,622
    Superusers
    The Adventurer uses the palm method (hover you palm over the screen) not the two finger method, so give that a try. I would not be surprised if it will not display when battery is low as it does not have enough juice to power up the display. It is not a programmed battery preservation setting, ti is just a lack of power to activate the backlight. I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Rahul88Rahul88 Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    The literature that came with the watch, mentioned that you have to place 2 fingers on the watch display.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,622
    Superusers
    Rahul88 wrote:
    The literature that came with the watch, mentioned that you have to place 2 fingers on the watch display.
    Did you try it with your palm? They both should work, but I have a feeling it is that there is not enough juice left to light it up when the battery is low.
  • Rahul88Rahul88 Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Rahul88 wrote:
    Did you try it with your palm? They both should work, but I have a feeling it is that there is not enough juice left to light it up when the battery is low.

I did try the palm method. It wouldn’t work at all. There was not a single time that it worked, that is, by covering the display fully with ones palm. The two finger method mostly works on the Adventurer while it has enough juice. However I have noticed that there are times when it just doesn’t light up with the 2 finger gesture, even when there is adequate juice left. I’m talking about situations when there is battery of more than 1 bar.