New software v18.200 available for download - Page 2 — TomTom Community

New software v18.200 available for download

Comments

• basmeyerbasmeyer Posts: 24 [Master Traveler]
    big wrote:
    The mute button and day/night button have been there but the 3rd "stop all notifications button" (i.e. no calls, no SMS) is new, at least on my device. To further support this an identical model I did not yet update does not have that third button.

Now, of course, maybe for some crazy reason others have the third button, nothing would surprise me too much.
    I am with you now... It did not appear on my 6200 because I did not have my phone paired. Just did it to check it out. Nice feature, maybe I will give the Bluetooth linkup another go. I was not happy about it in the past, I just found it very impractical, the sound quality also was way below acceptable values.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,135 Superusers
    Hi
    @big

I use a Win10 Phone... No Windows MyDrive App
    I guess you need the MyDrive App running and SMS messaging activated

ATB YFM
  • jeremypjeremyp Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    So Search changed to “Drive To” and no longer accepts Map codes!?
    One of the major plus points for Tomtom is the ability to put in. Mapcode rather than full Co-ordinates.
    Has it really been removed from the products now?
  • jeremypjeremyp Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Ok. Just rebooted my device and “Drive to” has changed back to search and I can enter map codes. Bizarre!
  • bigbig Posts: 1,611 Superuser
    If it happens again and rebooting doesn't help note you can set the search method at:
    Settings -> System -> Choose a search mode
    [reboot]
    Hi
    @jeremyp

There are 2 search Modes....

'Quick' Search (The best) & 'Step by Step' Search (Drive To) as you have found

To change Search Mode....
    Tap 4Dot(.... Menu) -->Settings --> System --> Choose a search mode

(The NAV5 Start 42/52/62 Range only has the 'Step by Step' Search engine)

ATB YFM
  • Kenneth64Kenneth64 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Tomtom

I am very happy with the new bottom to answer or cancel calls, but why is trhere not a bottom to end calls.

Best Regrads

Kenneth
  • LostDriverLostDriver Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    YamFazMan wrote:
    If you have a Phone connected --> Tap on the connected Phone name --> Delete Phone
    On your Phone --> Use your Phone menus to remove the TT6200 Bluetooth link

ATB YFM
    So turn off Bluetooth means "delete your phone"? In the old Go730 you could turn Bluetooth on and off independently of the phones configured. I loved my old Go730 much more than my new Go 720...
    Kenneth64 wrote:
    Hi Tomtom

I am very happy with the new bottom to answer or cancel calls, but why is trhere not a bottom to end calls.

Best Regrads

Kenneth
    The most obvious answer to this question most likely is: "Because people who write that software do not use it!" Otherwise...
    big wrote:
    @YamFazMan Right -- your display doesn't show the button either. Here's a picture of my screen with the 3rd button circled.
    Did you notice that the Bluetooth symbol is grey? So no phone connected, it seems...
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 209 [Exalted Navigator]
    LostDriver wrote:
    Kenneth64 wrote:
    Hi Tomtom

Best Regrads

Kenneth
    The most obvious answer to this question most likely is: "Because people who write that software do not use it!" Otherwise...

I noticed this too - but if when a call come in if you press on the black section to the left of the Green (Accept) button a new screen appears which shows a Red to Reject button plus the original Green button .

- So One press to accept but Two presses to Reject a call :thinking:
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 209 [Exalted Navigator]
    Settings shortcut: You can now access your device's Settings quickly and easily by tapping the status bar in the Main menu.

So where is the Status bar Tomtom is referring to?

What I have found so far is that:

Tap the .... (dots) on the main screen.
    Tap the "Connected Services Status" area at top right.
    Tap the "settings" Button at bottom right.

Which is one tap more than what I do currently:grinning: - I have rearranged the menus so that the Settings button is on the first screen - unless I am not tapping in the correct location?:thinking:
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,278 Superusers
    @Lost Soul

What you say is correct. Not everyone has rearranged the icons to get to the Settings icon quickly as you have. Further, tapping the top right also shows quickly the status of connected stuff on the device.
  • FranciscowFranciscow Posts: 18 [Master Traveler]
    barbierimc wrote:
    Since installing this update I regularly see segments of the blue route disappear.

Does anyone else experience this?

bc7d8d6e-6322-4028-a1c8-0db21afe9682.jpg

I'm having the same problem, this messes up a lot in complex ways, Hey tomtom, will this be solved?

d7f77d6f-afc1-4572-bce4-51aa67e7e818.jpg26ce6563-8f2a-4864-aac6-0ed51908290a.jpg
  • daffjeridaffjeri Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello, are you looking to earn extra cash? Try paid surveys..

http://www.clixsense.com/?8172285
  • FetusFetus Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Do not update!!!!! Speed cameras are bugged in this version!!!! No warnings after update. Check speed cameras forum for more info.
  • MistacatMistacat Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Is there any hope of putting sound to custom poi`s.
    I have had a pair of Rider 2`s since they came out and they have been excellent.
    Time to upgrade ( Downgrade) to Rider 550.
    The speed camera data base is very week, I have always used the Pocket GPS world database which cannot be used on the Rider 550. The tomtom speed camera data base is now free with this device, so why prohibit the use of a proper third party data base.
    Apart from the processor speed and screen size everything else seems to have gone backwards.
  • julianbarkerjulianbarker Posts: 20 [Master Explorer]
    Since updateing my Go 6200 WiFi no longe syncs with My Routes so I can't load routes I am sent to the the device. I have tried clearing MyRoutes and resetting the device to no result.
    Hi
    @julianbarker

Are you still logged into MyDrive on the device ???
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> MyDrive....

ATB YFM
    Oh yes! I can send destinations, a new route etc, but MyRoutes does not sync in either direction. In MyRoutes on the device all I get is the help screen with no way out of it.
  • Ovalball03Ovalball03 Posts: 293 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    YamFazMan wrote:
    Hi
    @Yurko

Yurko wrote:
    I would like to be able to quickly search in "saved places" - for example, tags, folders or something
    When using 'MyPlaces menu' you don't have to search down the long listThe MyPlaces list is already searchable...
    The MyPlaces appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen

Say in MyPlaces you have...
    Costa Worcester
    Costa Bromsgrove
    Costa Droitwitch
    Costa Bridgnorth

Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search type 'C' and a list of
    MyPlaces starting with the letter 'C' will appear on the right-hand side
    of the Search screen
    Either continue to type 'Costa b' and the Costa Bromsgrove and Costa Bridgnorth outlets will display at the top of the list
    Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and display the listOr
    Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search type 'C' and a list of
    MyPlaces starting with the letter 'C' will appear on the right-hand side
    of the Search screen continue to type 'Costa
    Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and a full list of costa outlets will display

PS... Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search type say 'T' on the
    right-hand side of the Search screen will be all of your MyPlaces
    beginning with 'T'
    But on the left-hand side of the Search screen will be a list of your recent destinations beginning with 'T'
    Don't forget to Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and display the list

ATB YFM

YFM could you possibly post a screen shot or 2 to demonstrate this?I can’t see search type after pressing the menu button.
    Hi
    @Ovalball03

Ovalball03 wrote:
    I can’t see 'search type' after pressing the menu button.
    It looks like the Forum HMTL editor mangled the page layout of the original post

When using 'MyPlaces menu' you don't have to search down the long list

The MyPlaces list is already searchable...
    The MyPlaces appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen

Say in MyPlaces you have...
    Costa Worcester
    Costa Bromsgrove
    Costa Droitwitch
    Costa Bridgnorth

Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search
    If you Type say 'C' a list of MyPlaces starting with the letter 'C' will appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen
    Either continue to type 'Costa b' and the Costa Bromsgrove and Costa Bridgnorth outlets will display at the top of the list
    Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and display the list
    Or
    Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search
    Then type say 'C' and a list of MyPlaces starting with the letter 'C' will appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen continue to type 'Costa
    Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and a full list of costa outlets will display

PS... Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search type say 'T' on the right-hand side of the Search screen will be all of your MyPlaces beginning with 'T'
    But on the left-hand side of the Search screen will be a list of your recent destinations beginning with 'T'
    Don't forget to Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and display the list

ATB YFM
    Soled my MyRoutes sync problem by reseting to factory defaults and having to reset absolutly every setting and connection on the device!
  • jatcojatco Posts: 88 [Master Explorer]
    .Had a great time with my GO620 in Italy.. got me help with directions, but also got me into trouble sending me through Very Narrow streets in Sorrento..almost got stuck between buildings..
    Any hope of TT improving the Touch response time/lapse ..Geeze, this unit is Sooo slow in responding to touches to their Icons...and shutting down.
    Find it Way to slow...for Hi-tech..!
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,278 Superusers
    @jatco

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

Sometimes helps with a slower device. Sometimes.