Refund for unsuable 1 year Subscription — TomTom Community

Refund for unsuable 1 year Subscription

julnoljulnol Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
Today I received an email telling me that the XL IQ is no longer supported. There was an offer of a discounted replacement.

Fine, except that in September I purchased my annual 1 year map subscription and so far there has only been one of the quarterly map updates. To me that means that I should be refunded three quarters of my subscription (around $AU67).

I am unable to access an email address to find out about a refund. All emails to Customer Care are getting returned and the suggested link is showing as Page Not Found.

If I go via Tom Tom I need to put in my model and I am then told that it is no longer supported by phone or email.

Can anyone (Tom Tom, anyone??!!) help with how to find out about a refund. I would like to buy a new device but need to find out how ethical they are about refunding for an unusable 1 year subscription.

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,245 Moderator
    Hi julnol

The map update service you purchased will stay active and you will receive map updates till the subscription ends.

I have already mentioned this in the announcement which was posted last week, see here

Regards
    Vikram
  • julnoljulnol Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    You may have posted that on the Tom Tom Forum but my official email from Tom Tom says

"We will continue to provide quick GPS fix updates so your device will continue to function as it does now, but your map will become out-of-date and as such navigation will be less accurate. For this reason, we have had to stop software updates, sales of map updates and other services as of January 2018."

That is clearly saying "quick fix updates" - not what I paid for!!!

And Tom Tom did not direct me to this forum where you have posted your version. I only came by the forum because the Tom Tom site tells me I can no longer contact Tom Tom via phone or email because my device is not supported.

On this site, by dogged digging, I found the link to the Australian number - but how many in my position will not find that contact information?

And, by the way, when I rang I asked if the 30% discount on a new device would be made available to me when my subscription runs out (now only for quick fix updates!!!), I was told it would be. Still waiting. And not feeling confident that a) it will be sent; b) it will be redeemable and c) I trust Tom Tom
  • walkesbwalkesb Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I too find myself in the same boat as I also have an XL LIVE IQ Routes . I have subscribed to map updates and Live Traffic, both have several months before expiry. The e-mail sent by TomTom notifying me of the cessation of map updates and services from January 2018 arrived in my in-box this morning giving me no prior notice, I am sure this was not an overnight decision by TomTom so am incredibly disappointed that a) there was no notice given of this decision and b) the lack of clarity around what services will still be available and until when.

I would welcome a formal e-mail from TomTom to confirm that map updates will still be sent to my device and Live Traffic will still continue to function until my subscriptions expire.

Regards.
  • julnoljulnol Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Yes, walksb! I find it interesting that VikramK tells me that he posted something last week when I only got my email yesterday. I also found a survey on this forum posted a month ago re the planned obsolescence.

It may have been "nice" of Tom Tom to give its customers (me since 2009 ... would have thought that = loyalty) a phone number, website or means of contact for clarification.

The site that I came across by reading this forum and following links was helpful ... but not all customers use forums!

For Australian customers :
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_au/obsolete-products/
  • margaret abbeymargaret abbey Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I was promised a refund but over a month later it still has not materialised. I can't even reply to their email advising me that it was being dealt with as I have been blocked. What's that all about? Tom tom if you are reading, this my details are: Ord no 40xxxxxx20 and ref No 180905-0xxxxxxx. . Will gladly attach a copy of this if you contact me with a reply address that is not blocked with "No Reply" email address
    Margaret

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum.Thanks
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,351
    Superusers
    @margaret abbey

First of all, delete the Ord no and ref no from your post as they shouldn't appear in a public message.

Then, Monday, call support but do NOT mention a model when prompted in order for a live agent to respond:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,245 Moderator
    Hi Margaret

Just reviewed your case, and I see your request for a refund has been forwarded to the finance team.

They will update you once they have processed with it.

Regards
    Vikram