Unable to sync my activities using TomTom Sports Connect — TomTom Community

Unable to sync my activities using TomTom Sports Connect

almondine3almondine3 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi! I'm having the exact same issue. I tried deleting Strava app/exporting and adding it again, restarting my computer, etc. but with no luck. It's still sitting there waiting to upload, it seems....

Comments

• whitemofarahwhitemofarah Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I did a marathon on Sunday and the run haven’t synced to my tomtom app. The run is showing on my watch but not syncing. The daily activity has synced saying how many steps and miles i’ve done. Ive tried numerous things for the run to sync to my watch. When i was tunning it was saying the splits and everything, so unsure why this has not uploaded. Any advice please?
  • davidrkdavidrk Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    almondine3 wrote:
    Hi! I'm having the exact same issue. I tried deleting Strava app/exporting and adding it again, restarting my computer, etc. but with no luck. It's still sitting there waiting to upload, it seems....
    So I've been having the same problem. I think TomTom's Servers are down right now.
  • blax155blax155 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I've tried restarting my watch, reconnecting it to the app, and updating by connecting to the computer but it still wouldn't sync. It's saying that it has finished syncing but the log on the watch does not match the one on the app. One workout is missing (19th April)
  • jillianwaldronjillianwaldron Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I have a Tom Tom spark 3 and I have had it for about a year. I last uploaded all of my activities on a Wednesday. Then the following Monday, I attempted to upload my activities. It says on both my computer and phone that it successfully synced. However, none of my activities since Wednesday (the time I last uploaded) show up on both my phone or computer. How can I fix this problem?
  • blax155blax155 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    thank you. I'm just not clear on that #3 step 'Place the ttbin files in the serial number directory: Windows: C:\Users\[user name]\TomTom MySports\[serial number]'

when I go to the folder I can see three files names:
    1 - lots of numbers
    2 - deviceinfo.dat
    3 - preferences.dat

Which file am I after? And what do I do with it please? Or is the file lost all together?
  • pm1729pm1729 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,

My workout from today is failing to upload correctly. The ttbin files are available on my android device in the .../workouts/failed directory. I tried moving them to the serial number directory on my laptop (Windows) and using the Sports Connect app to upload them, but even that is unable to upload these activities to my account. Is there an alternative way to get the info out of the ttbin files and upload it?
  • RajagopalRajagopal Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I daily sync my activities using TomTom sports connect installed in my laptop. But today I get error when I try to sync it.

Error that I get,
    "WE'LL TRY AGAIN IN A FEW MINUTES" "We can't upload your activities at the moment. Wait few minutes then try again"

I tried multiple times but no use. I also afraid if I disconnect the watch from laptop, it may loose the unsyncd data, as this happened earlier to me.
  • RajagopalRajagopal Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Software version running is : 1.7.64.

I tried, disconnect and connect the watch back to the laptop. It says 1 activitity waiting to upload to TomTom Sports. Clicked on "Try again button" but no use :-(
  • gmold74gmold74 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, I have just started experiencing this today. Runs from my watch are on the watch but not uploading. Sync completes successfully.
  • w.sergentw.sergent Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Hey mate, similar issue to mine which I submitted about an hour or so ago.
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/sports-connect-apps-website-389/re-upload-failed-uploads-doesn-t-seem-to-work-1035019

Looks like there might be a server/app connectivity issue. Hoping I will be able to upload them later on instead.
  • Sarvpreet GhumanSarvpreet Ghuman Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Faced similar problem today morning and not able to transfer data through Bluetooth and even through laptop cable.
  • Jacques JoubertJacques Joubert Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same here. Lost my workout of this morning, and also a test workout I did afterwards.
    Nothing on the PC + workouts removed from watch.

This must be a recent thing, since it still worked fine on Sunday

Any advice?

(see same file in the folder mentioned above)
  • deandolldeandoll Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi. My run this morning didn't pull through in my activity list. It recorded it on the watch and still displays on the onboard log. The app and Tomtom Sport site both reflect the steps, distance etc but does not reflect the actual run.
    I have tried the suggestions found at https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/sports-connect-apps-website-389/ttbin-file-not-uploading-1022875 but with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • jenileefoordjenileefoord Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Have the same problem! Workout was recording and I stopped it when I was done.. And now when its supposed to sync with app, there is not activity for this morning - just the steps
  • daruledarule Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    same problem, my colleague and me both have it. Syncing appears to be too quick as well.
  • Lollipop1995Lollipop1995 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I had the same problem on Saturday and the run eventually appeared, however this mornings run is just showing as an activity.
    Hi guys,
    Just an FYI - I have been able to connect and upload my activities now. You might be able to try again and have some success.
    Good luck!
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,097 TomTom Moderator
    Hi All,

There’s been an issue uploading activity files since midnight. This has now been fixed.

Desktop uploads: TomTom Sports Connect should initiate a new upload. If not, click “Try again” in the Settings of Sports Connect.
    Mobile uploads: Copy the activity file from the smartphone and paste it onto the watch name in the Settings of Sport Connect.

Also, I've moved all the related comments and discussion topics created by all of you to this discussion thread so as to avoid different replies and confusion.

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,097 TomTom Moderator
    Hi All,

There’s been an issue uploading activity files since midnight. This has now been fixed.

• Desktop uploads: TomTom Sports Connect should initiate a new upload. If not, click “Try again” in the Settings of Sports Connect.
    • Mobile uploads: Copy the activity file from the smartphone and paste it onto the watch name in the Settings of Sport Connect.

Also, I've moved all the related comments and discussion topics created by all of you to this discussion thread so as to avoid different replies and confusion.

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• P KumarP Kumar Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello!

I turned off and on my watch 3 times after 5 minute interval. and now my Run is visible and uploaded automatically to Strava too. Still my Gym activity is not visible. Hope it will also be visible after a couple of hours.

Regards
  • GM303GM303 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I "upgraded" yesterday, and it seemed to work ok, however today after going for a run, the TomTom app has not recognized the run - it has recorded the steps, but not the run details. :tired_face:
  • deandolldeandoll Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Good news... my run is reflecting. Maybe after attempting the steps recommend in the initial link i posted, it took time to refresh and sync with the TT servers?? Anyway, my run is reflecting and has also pulled through to Strava.

Hope everyone else is a fortunate as mine.
  • jtorresdjtorresd Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    and .... where is the TomTom`s answer ?
    jtorresd wrote:
    and .... where is the TomTom`s answer ?

@jtorresd - Please look up the thread for @lampard 's response from 5 months ago for their answer.
    This issue, and others raised at the time which were merged into this one, were resolved.

If you are having a similar issue, I would suggest starting a new thread, as this particular issue was due to connectivity issues with the TomTom server at a particular point in time.
  • brianharrison2brianharrison2 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have had the same issue ever since I had the watch . I would recommend Garmin and dump the tomtom