Your Next GPS Watch

RunningPig
RunningPig Registered Users Posts: 18
Outstanding Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
So, as we all know by now our Tomtom watches are slowly breaking down and cannot be repaired. I'm sure many of you, like me, have started looking into replacements. Just curious what everybody is considering.

I'm looking at the Garmin Forerunner 230 and the Forerunner 630. I'm not necessarily interested in a heart rate monitor, but I do want advance features like custom interval settings and smart watch functionality.

What have you been looking at?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,949
     Superuser
    Since TT has left the watch business altogether, staying with TT is not even an option. Your choices are basically limited to Garmin, Suunto and Polar (and Fitbit to an extent). Garmin has the Vivoactive 3 which I really like, it is an all-around sports watch, not focused as much on running. Has heart rate (this is now a given in new watches), has a music option if you want it (not needed for me), actually looks like a watch (which is a big plus), uses a standard watch strap (no more worrying about breaking bands) and is reasonably pieced (some of the newer more advanced watches are ridiculously expensive and are not comparable replacements for a TT). This is probably the best choice out there in the same price range as TT (budget/moderate) and it is not a brand that is ever going to go away. Go to dcrainmaker.com for more information than you probably ever need about every watch out there.
  • RunningPig
    RunningPig Registered Users Posts: 18
    Outstanding Explorer
    Thanks! Yes I have been to dcrainmaker.com on the recommendation of a running coach of mine.