Watch strap broken — TomTom Community

Watch strap broken

SonaSona Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Hi. I bought my watch in August 2016. Every year my strap has broken and TomTom has shipped a replacement strap. The last strap that they replaced was in January this year.

My strap has broken again. But I am not able to request a new strap - as the system says it is out of warranty.

The strap is not good quality and hence breaks within the warranty term.

Kindly assist as you can confirm that I obtained a new strap this year and if need be, I can provide a picture of the strap broken.

Thanks
Sona

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,392
    Superusers
    The straps are covered under warranty and the replacements are covered for 6 months. If you are out of warranty and the strap is older than 6 months there is nothing you can do. You can contact Support and see if they will ben the rules for you, but there is nothing to be done on the user forums. To get in touch with Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Email Us or Chat (there is no longer phone support available for watches).

FYI, TT left the watch industry almost a year ago and ceased all development and production so straps are getting harder to come by, so you may simply be out of luck.

I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • binobino Posts: 13 [Master Explorer]
    My replacement strap broke too.
    Unfortunately it has been replaced more than 6 months ago, and the watch (runner 2) has more than 2 years now, so, I guess I'm on my own.
    :worried:bad luck
    It's a shame tomtom stopped developing/selling wearables.