When will TomTom release a GPS with a dash cam? — TomTom Community

When will TomTom release a GPS with a dash cam?

Mac29Mac29 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Travel lounge
Don't want a Garmin and the screen on the Navman is poor. When can we hope to see a top quality GPS and dash cam from TomTom?

Comments

• [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Mac29 wrote:
    When can we hope to see a top quality GPS and dash cam from TomTom?
    Never ever.
  • Mac29Mac29 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Hi EthoZ,
    Thank you for your quick reply. I'd be grateful for more detailed insights on your understanding. Do you suspect that the gps and dash cam systems are incompatible in order to do both well? Has the Garmin version been disappointing or is the market for independent gps units declining so much due to mobile phones that there is no investment in new units?
    Many thanks
  • Jr212Jr212 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I asked this this weekend and there response was: I will send this to the responsible services
    Hi Jr212,
    Thank you for asking. It's nice to know someone else is thinking the same thing. Maybe, if important people in TomTom are monitoring this conversation, they might offer their opinion or even get the design team moving.
    Thanks again for asking.
  • miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,342 Superusers
    I hope too that Tomtom launch a device with included dashcam.
  • BrianEBrianE Posts: 542 [Exalted Navigator]
    Sorry to disappoint you but I think you'll be a lot less optimistic when you've been on this forum for a while. Even if TomTom do read our postings, they rarely take any notice of what we have to say.
    Hi Mike,
    Thank you for your reply and support. It's nice to know I'm not alone in my thinking.
    Best wishes for your day.
    Hi Brian,
    Thank you for your views. I had been tempted to think as much. None of my snail-mail letters have ever been replied by Head Office. Someone at TomTom has to retire eventually. Maybe the new generation of TomTom management will want to listen customers who love their product. Hopefully this will happen before the company's future is insecure.