Adding startup images Go Live 235

I cannot find a way to download startup images from my computer to my Go Live 235 unit. Is there a way to do this??

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,184 Superusers
    Try this:

With the device connected to the computer and MyDriveConnect running, right click on the small tomtom icon in the notification area of the computer next to the clock. One link that appears should be 'Manage Community Content'. Click it to add images and other stuff from the computer to the device.
  • MrcrewcutMrcrewcut Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Great. No problems when you know the secret.. I do believe you maybe the only person on the planet who knows this..No covered anywhere in the users manual and I have been trying to get this answer from the internet for over 3 days but all the replies were useless..
    The Go Live 2535 is a great unit, but like all Tom Tom GPS products, their web site leaves a lot to be desired.. I suppose the Brits understand it.

Thanks for your excellent help.

Ellwood
    Guess I replied too fast..The TomTom icon showed up ONCE in the lower taskbar corner and I was able to get to Manage Community Comment.. Then I logged off and have not been able to get the icon to show up again. Any suggestions on this?? I tried going to the internet to download but it seems the only way you can get this is by using that icon.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,548 Superuser
    @Mrcrewcut

Make sure device is directly connected to your computer then try this link
    http://169.254.255.1/pcmi/?locale=en_us
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
    Thanks but I keep getting this message when copying the above link:

[h1] Hmmm...can’t reach this page[/h1]Try this
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,548 Superuser
    @Mrcrewcut

When you connect your device do you get the typical device "bing bong" ?

After hearing this, you must click on my link above as just entering just the IP address I get
    Error 403: Directory Listing Denied
    Directory listing denied

Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
    Thanks again..Finally got page to open...
    Now, the community comment page says I have 0 mb on my gps when Direct Drive shows I still have 17MB available..
    Not worth the effort to keep trying to download additional start up photos to my gps..
    TomTom has the worst site I have seen in years, very little seems to work the way it is suppose to...I cannot believe it is my computer as I have absolutely no problems like this on any other sites...
    Again, thank for the help...