New software v18.200 available for download -RIDER — TomTom Community

New software v18.200 available for download -RIDER

VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,976 TomTom Moderator
edited January 28 in RIDER
Hi all

We've just released a new software update v18.200 for the RIDER 4x/4x0 and RIDER 500/550 devices; it's available for download in MyDrive Connect(Non WiFi devices) and for WiFi devices under Updates & New Items menu.

Whats new:
  • See who's calling: Devices that support hands-free calling can now show the picture assigned to a contact that is calling you.
  • Improved call handling: Accept or reject an incoming call with just one press on the screen of your device.
  • Joining up with saved routes: When you select a route in My Routes, you can choose between driving to the starting point or to the point closest to your current location.
  • Touch Sensitivity: We've added an extra option for touch screen sensitivity on Rider devices to make use without gloves easier[RIDER 5xx & 42/420/450 series only]
  • Settings shortcut: You can now access your device's Settings quickly and easily by tapping the status bar in the Main menu.

Drive safe!

Regards
Vikram :)
Have a question? Ask!
Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.

Comments

• DownerhouseDownerhouse Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Please please please can you add the option to change the tone & volume for speed camera alerts. Leaving it to the volume on the rider headset leads to an extremely painful experience whenever the camera alert is activated.

I find it so so annoying and painful that I have to switch all Tom Tom sounds off. Rather defeats the object of camera alerts in the first place.
  • sandhedsandhed Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    VikramK wrote:
    Hi all

We've just released a new software update v18.200 for the RIDER 4x/4x0 ...

Whats new:...
    • Touch Sensitivity: We've added an extra option for touch screen sensitivity on Rider devices to make use without gloves easier.

I don´t see the posibility of changing the touch sensibility on my RIDER 410 after updating to v18.200

BR
    954dk
    BR 954dk
  • Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 725 Superuser
    Please please please can you add the option to change the tone & volume for speed camera alerts. Leaving it to the volume on the rider headset leads to an extremely painful experience whenever the camera alert is activated.

I find it so so annoying and painful that I have to switch all Tom Tom sounds off. Rather defeats the object of camera alerts in the first place.

Painful, can’t describe it more accurate.
  • dwangdwang Posts: 46 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Nice.
    Some improvements.

And it did ask one time, are you going home.
    With a time bar.
    But why does it take so long to import contacts from my phone?

to many contacts?

There are groups in my phone, maybe TT can do something with that.

Family friends etc..

Maybe a goup Rider, to import only that group.
  • SJEgSJEg Posts: 140 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    So...waiting for month aand this is it? Not great. I'm hoping there is going to be a couple of more updates the comming weeks.

The rider is now asking if I want to start at the begin point or the point close by (why did this take 2 years to develop?). But could you also add the option to manually pick a point? Would be helpfull.

This would also be very usefull if I can use this function to create shortcuts on routes. Route is to long, stop the bike, locate the point where you want to coninue, select and go!

This update is not much, but keep the updates comming and maybe I replace the 400 with a 550 or the next model. Please focus on the core functionality of the thing....navigating!
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,976 TomTom Moderator
    hi @sandhed

I asked about it to our product team and they have confirmed that the Touch Sensitivity feature only applies to the RIDER 5xx series. I have updated my post above.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
  • SiebsterSiebster Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    Hi TomTom,
    Nice, it Works perfect. The fun with navigation, traffic info, and the wifi and the phone for connecting with other riders! Top.
    Making a route with MyDrive and with mra, sending it to the 550 Works perfect.

The thing missing is: to see the restaurants while riding. In the old rider the poi's were on the display to see.
    If thiss could be integrated it wil go from 9,5 to 10. ?
    Greets, Siebo.
    Hi Vikram,
    What a shame, but thanks for answering anyway.

Best regards,
    954dk
    BR 954dk
  • Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 725 Superuser
    @sandhed I don't understand why it's a shame... Touch sensitivity (Smart Screen) is a hardware feature, firstly installed on Rider 450, not on your Rider 400, you never paid for that...

We should complain firstly about what we paid but never really delivered by TT: Bluetooth connection instability, the unstable phone call connection, hoarse voice, screen humidity, track recording corruptions, all the known core problems that never fixed all those years...

And secondly about really useful features like named waypoints, full support of GPX file format (and ITN deprecation), etc.
    Got another update from the Product team today, that this update also will be applicable to - RIDER 42/420/450
    Have a question? Ask!
    VikramK wrote:
    Got another update from the Product team today, that this update also will be applicable to - RIDER 42/420/450

Do you mean that you have a newer update than the v18.200?
    And what are new features or new inprovements?
    Because I have the 450 and the v18.200 works as told.
    Great news Vikram!
    Will this also apply to RIDER 410?
    BR 954dk
    Ste7ios wrote:
    @sandhed I don't understand why it's a shame... Touch sensitivity (Smart Screen) is a hardware feature, firstly installed on Rider 450, not on your Rider 400, you never paid for that...

We should complain firstly about what we paid but never really delivered by TT: Bluetooth connection instability, the unstable phone call connection, hoarse voice, screen humidity, track recording corruptions, all the known core problems that never fixed all those years...

And secondly about really useful features like named waypoints, full support of GPX file format (and ITN deprecation), etc.

The reason why, I think, it's a shame is, that I'm used to see further/continuous development as well as updates and improvements on both all ready existing products and new. You know: The lessons learned way... By adding the ability of adjusting the touch sensibility is a huge step i a positive direction.

I tried the complaining way. I even got confronting and grumpy.
    But it resulted in Tomtom banned my account.

Lets face it the positive way and give the team some space and help ;)

Best regards,
    954dk
    BR 954dk
    @dwang

It's the same update v18.200.

Yesterday I received a list of products to which this update is applicable for-(RIDER 500/550/42/420/450).

@sandhed

I am afraid, RIDER 410 is not included.

Thanks
    Vikram :)
    Have a question? Ask!
  • JandybJandyb Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Nice update. Seems like the unit is faster now too?

Like others id like to use the opportunity to ask for some more features. As an adventure bike rider I would very much like to have:
    1. A "Prefer gravel" setting. If its possible to avoid gravel the opposit cant be that tricky to program right?
    2. Even more important to be able to import GPX files as an overlay (or something) showing the track also outside recorded roads on the map. There is no need for guiding. Just show the track.
    I am afraid that without nr 2 here I am forced to buy a Garmin unit very soon. Everytime I want to go an adventure track like TET I need to borrow a Garmin, and I really dont like them. So pleeeeease!! :)
  • BliejeBlieje Posts: 90 [Master Explorer]
    Jandyb wrote:
    Even more important to be able to import GPX files as an overlay (or something) showing the track also outside recorded roads on the map. There is no need for guiding. Just show the track.

+1
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 247 [Exalted Navigator]
    I just upgraded my Rider 410 for a 550 because a really like my TomTom Rider.
    But like to post my wish list for my Rider 550 because there is always room for improvement.

Problem: Original track is destroyed when a road isn’t on the map or when you have to make a detour (for example when the road is closed)
    Possible solution: Plot the original track in an alternative color (Red) on the map.
    My current solution: Open the track also on my phone in the Go App or OsmAnd and don’t hit “Drive”

Problem: Winding route and Exciting route likes urban areas to munch.
    Possible solution: increases the resistance for urban areas and slow speed limits during route calculation.
    My current solution: Manually plan routes with MyRouteApp Gold

Problem: Rider still uses car maps
    Possible solution: Create motorcycle maps or give us an option to create personal map changes.
    My current solution: Open the track also on my phone in OsmAnd and use the skip option in MyRouteApp to create the track to the area where the TomTom map doesn’t let me go to.

Problem: In certain areas there are a lot of map errors (for example the German Eifel has a lot of closed roads (only open for agricultural traffic) that are accessible on the map)
    Possible solution: Add an option to change the button to report a Gatsometer for an option to create a roadblock after 50 meters on the track and recalculate the route. (Please also send the report to the Teleatlas department for map updates)
    My current solution: Open the track also on my phone in the Go App or OsmAnd and don’t hit “Drive”. Use less zoom on the phone en manually try to find an alternative.

Please also add Scenic Segments to the Rider for easier Exciting route planning. And extend it to use a different color for the order slightly less nice roads. This makes it easier to find nice roads when there is no route or track loaded.

Keep up the good work I hope this will help to improve the Nav4 platform to a incredibly high level.
    TomTom Rider Projects https://roadrider.jouwweb.nl/
  • tenderboytenderboy Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
    Jandyb wrote:
    1. A "Prefer gravel" setting. If its possible to avoid gravel the opposit cant be that tricky to program right?
    2. Even more important to be able to import GPX files as an overlay (or something) showing the track also outside recorded roads on the map. There is no need for guiding. Just show the track.

+1