Show tracks even if unroutable (offroad) -Feature request

tenderboytenderboy Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
edited January 21 in RIDER
Please TomTom make it possible to show imported tracks even if they are unroutable for offroad purposes.

I have several tracks that contain short (legal) offroad parts but cannot start them on my Drive 550 although the track shows in mydrive.

Please just make it possible to show the track on the 550!

Comments

• MrMMrM Posts: 148 [Exalted Navigator]
    I support that. Actually, I brought it up when TT introduced the 4xx Rider series. Simply because their interpretation of a track is not always 100% I want the route and the track on the screen is some cases. Anf yes, use it Off Road as well ;)
  • BliejeBlieje Posts: 90 [Master Explorer]
    +1...
  • tugmantugman Posts: 333 [Revered Navigator]
    The problem with your request is how does the unit cope with both without send everyone of road just because there happens to be a suitable track nearby.
    Itn extension only appear to work on paved roads as for example it will not take you into a filling station but just takes you straight by if it is part of a longer route.
  • BliejeBlieje Posts: 90 [Master Explorer]
    Simply by showing the imported track as an underlay! For simple offroad you just follow the plotted line, without routing.
    By doing this you can also deal with map/routing errors.

Big win for TomTom (offroad capabilities) and big win for all unit owners (ride, partial, offroad tracks)
  • MrMMrM Posts: 148 [Exalted Navigator]
    tugman wrote:
    The problem with your request is how does the unit cope with both without send everyone of road just because there happens to be a suitable track nearby.
    Itn extension only appear to work on paved roads as for example it will not take you into a filling station but just takes you straight by if it is part of a longer route.
    No no, use the Rider as you normal do, just extra select box: Show track. Like TT is doing on the watches.
  • tenderboytenderboy Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
    Blieje wrote:
    Simply by showing the imported track as an underlay! For simple offroad you just follow the plotted line, without routing.
    By doing this you can also deal with map/routing errors.

Big win for TomTom (offroad capabilities) and big win for all unit owners (ride, partial, offroad tracks)

Yes! That is exactly like it should be done.