speed limits incorrect — TomTom Community

speed limits incorrect

greggy72greggy72 Posts: 7 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 30 in Map quality
I have indicated several speed limits that are incorrect on map share for a long time but nothing seems to be done about it, why is this?

Comments

• MegalosMegalos Posts: 5,831 Superusers
    Not sure, for me the speed limit reports seem to be pending forever as well. The other categories are handled fine.
  • jlopesjlopes Posts: 46 [Master Explorer]
    Same problem over here.

Maybe TomTom is hopping for the IQ Routes function to accumulate data and eventually be the one factor that calculates the routes correctly... the lazy strategy :P
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 5,831 Superusers
    FYI, speed limits are not used by the TT routing algorithm. It only uses the IQR data. This has been the case for many years already :-).
  • BrianEBrianE Posts: 506 [Exalted Navigator]
    I've been meaning to report an incorrect speed limit on the main route from Kidderminster to Bromsgrove (TT still thinks it is 60mph, whereas it has been 50mph for some time). However, I don't think I'll bother to try to work out where it starts as I'll probably be wasting my time.
  • jlopesjlopes Posts: 46 [Master Explorer]
    Megalos wrote:
    FYI, speed limits are not used by the TT routing algorithm. It only uses the IQR data. This has been the case for many years already :-).

There's a saying that goes "If you are not hampering you are already a great help!"

That's not the case of a GPS unit that confuses you into driving up to 100 Km/h in a road with a speed limit of 50 km/h. If correct speeds are not an important information for drivers anymore that's ok, but lets remove the speed alerts feature from every unit... ;)

That's my been my lost cause with TomTom in 39.618739, -8.434189 for the last 2 years.
  • justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
  • BrianEBrianE Posts: 506 [Exalted Navigator]
    jlopes wrote:
    Megalos wrote:
    There's a saying that goes "If you are not hampering you are already a great help!"

That's not the case of a GPS unit that confuses you into driving up to 100 Km/h in a road with a speed limit of 50 km/h. If correct speeds are not an important information for drivers anymore that's ok, but lets remove the speed alerts feature from every unit... ;)

That's my been my lost cause with TomTom in 39.618739, -8.434189 for the last 2 years.
    Good idea. I found myself going over the speed limit briefly today because TT was indicating the speed limit as being 40mph, when it fact it was 30mph. It's wrong in so many places that it's worse than being worthless.