Cannot change address for new destination unless i let the battery run down — TomTom Community

Cannot change address for new destination unless i let the battery run down

I cannot change the destination. I have to let the battery run down before the address icon will go live. mostly it is grayed out.
I am using a \Via 1515

Does anyone know how to fix this it is very annoying.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,062 Superusers
    Hi
    @CONDOINFO

Its a Safety Feature if you have "Show essential menu buttons while driving" turned "ON" and a route already planned on the device the device will only show the essential buttons...This also means you won't be able to change/edit the route while driving

The reason why it seems random is because sometimes when you turn on the device you may still have a route planned, and the Show essential menu buttons while driving "Safety Feature" kicks in, if you want to keep the "Safety Feature" just make a point of clearing any active routes before starting a new route

As you say If you want all the planning menu buttons displayed all of the time
    From the main menu
    Tap (Setting)
    Right cursor once
    Tap (Safety Setting)
    Un-tick "Show essential menu buttons while driving"
    Tap Next
    Tap Next
    Tap Done
    Tap Done

Note... I recall the built-in Tomtom devices in Mazda MX Range as having no option to turn off the "Safety Feature"

ATB YFM
  • CONDOINFOCONDOINFO Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you i did notice that and have turned it off. I will see how that works. I have in hte past cancelled route but still no access to put in a new address. So we will see how that works thanks for getting back to me.