Map Share Reporter - Entries ignored? — TomTom Community

Map Share Reporter - Entries ignored?

jrm-ukjrm-uk Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 30 in Map quality
I live in a village in which drivers often find it difficult to find the "High Street" - because the "High Street" is incorrectly named "Eastwell Road" on the TomTom digital map. In December 2017, I reported this problem through TomTom's Map Share Reporter (coordinates 51.32451, -2.00896, id 4ce7fee6-91b2-4ddc-bda6-00526f0d74b1), but 6 months on my submission is still shown as "pending". I added further information in two separate submissions in Feb 2018, including a diagram - these submissions are also still "pending".

Map Share Reporter is a great idea - but does anyone know why my submissions are being ignored?

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,599 Superuser
    @jrm-uk

Wonder if your problem is related to this https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/map-quality-75/map-quality-strange-map-error-989414

@VikramK
    What is the status on a fix of all these wrong 'High Street' changes being rectified?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,369 TomTom Moderator
    let me check..

-Vikram
  • jrm-ukjrm-uk Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for your interest in this, Niall.

No, I don't think this is part of the "strange map error", but a specific error in the 'original' digital mapping which has also been manifest in Garmin, Google and OSM maps. It's probably due to there having been no physical road sign denoting "High Street", but that's been fixed. I've had the Google map corrected, and I've fully corrected OSM; not sure about Garmin. However, we seem to have problems here with TomTom, which I thought would be easy using Map Share Reporter. After all, it's in everyone's best interest to ensure the map is correct!
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 670 [Revered Pioneer]
    Hi, @jrm-uk ,

Although you have indicated that the problem that @Niall linked to, is NOT the same - as the originator of that problem & I can tell you that it took more than 3 YEARS for TomTom to resolve!

Even to this day, I'm not 100% convinced the TomTom (because of the way they chose to treat it as multiple individual problem, rather than a big common problem) has totally resolve every aspect of it!!
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,369 TomTom Moderator
    @jrm-uk

Got an update that this change has been accepted and incorporated in our systems.

The team will close this report now.

Timeline for the change to show up on the new maps cannot be determined so I cannot quote on a date, but it will be a part of upcoming map updates.

Thanks
    Vikram :)
  • jrm-ukjrm-uk Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @VikramK

Many thanks. However, I note that my three submissions to which I refer in my original post are still shown as "pending" in Mapshare Reporter. If they have been accepted, I presume that the status should have changed?

Regards,

John