Nike+ Sportwatch

TederwinTederwin Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
edited January 30 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Has anyone else had trouble with their Nike+ SportWatch GPS (tomtom GPS) NOT connecting to a satellite? Today is 8/1/2018 and this has gotten slowly worst up until about 10 days go and it doesn't connect 99% of the time.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,717 Superusers
    This forum is for the TomTom branded watches only, not the Nike+ ones. You would need to go to Nike's forums for support on that as the relationship between TT and Nike ended over 5 years ago.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • TederwinTederwin Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Those who purchase Pontiac's, Oldsmobile's, and Saturn's shouldn't go to a GM forum cuz they stop making those cars? You don't make any sense. This has YOUR GPS in it, no one else, that is why I asked the question here.
    Tederwin wrote:
    Those who purchase Pontiac's, Oldsmobile's, and Saturn's shouldn't go to a GM forum cuz they stop making those cars? You don't make any sense. This has YOUR GPS in it, no one else, that is why I asked the question here.
    When your Pontiac stops working do you go the manufacturer of the exhaust manifold or do you go to the company that sold you the car? It is a Nike watch, TT just supplied parts. The product was discontinued years ago and TT left the market themselves almost nine months ago. There is no support for it here. And by the way it is not MY GPS, this is a user forum, where users help one another, there are no TT employees on here other than moderators. And it can't have been that big an issue as it took you a month to come back and check for an answer.
    What are you talking about? Am NOT asking for parts, am asking if anyone else is having trouble connecting to a satellite with this tom tom GPS? lol
    TT is still making GPS watches, again what are you talking about?
    It is a user forum where users help one another? It appears you're not helping me, you refuse to post my question to public. I'd like to find out if others are having trouble with their Nike/Tomtom GPS watches?
    I have a job, so I was unable to come back and respond to your stupid reasoning sooner.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,184 Superusers
    @Tederwin

To use your phrase, "What are YOU talking about?"
    1. Tomtom is NOT making GPS watches. You were told that
    2. "You refuse to post my question to public", that is what YOU said BUT this IS a public forum and YOU did post your question here. I saw it. Anybody else interested also saw it. You just got no further answers than those ACCURATE posts by USER @tfarabaugh
    He tried to provide you with information. You refused to accept it. So be it. But any incorrect statements are YOURS, not his.
    Tederwin wrote:
    What are you talking about? Am NOT asking for parts, am asking if anyone else is having trouble connecting to a satellite with this tom tom GPS? lol
    TT is still making GPS watches, again what are you talking about?
    It is a user forum where users help one another? It appears you're not helping me, you refuse to post my question to public. I'd like to find out if others are having trouble with their Nike/Tomtom GPS watches?
    I have a job, so I was unable to come back and respond to your stupid reasoning sooner.
    I was referring directly to your statement "Those who purchase Pontiac's, Oldsmobile's, and Saturn's shouldn't go to a GM forum cuz they stop making those cars? You don't make any sense. This has YOUR GPS in it" in which you infer it is TT's responsibility to support other brand's device because they sold them one of the parts "YOUR GPS". It is a Nike watch, TT just supplied the GPS chip, so my analogy is apt, it is like expecting the maker of a part for your car (to continue your analogy) to provide support for the entire car. Once the chip is in the device it is Nike's system that it is running on and Nike needs to support it. It is one part of the watch, not the entire device.
    If Tomtom doesn't make GPS watches what are these? https://www.tomtom.com/en_us/sports/fitness-watches/
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_us/sports/multi-sport/

If Tomtom only supplied the parts, why is their name on the front of the watch.? Nike logo above and Tomtom below. Tells me they did more then supply parts.

Am glad others did see this question, I figured you had blocked it out of public view.
    That is all I wanted, I get a song and dance from tfarabaugh regarding my question.
    lol. Why even get involved if everyone could see the question. :wink: