TOM TOM VIA 280 -no GPS signal — TomTom Community

TOM TOM VIA 280 -no GPS signal

My device which has worked fine for 2 years ,all of a sudden shows the "waiting for a valid GPS signal" .Updated the device tonight but still not receiving a GPS signal. Drove all over the place today ,still no signal. Can anyone help?

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,489
    Superusers
    Hi
    @joyeaux

Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ???? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

If possible, After the Soft/Drum roll restart
    For the for the first Satellite fix, go outside with a clear view of the Sky

ATB YFM
  • joyeauxjoyeaux Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Thanks done soft restart twice -no luck.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,311
    Superusers
    @joyeaux

You say you updated the device. With what exactly?

And is the battery fully charged?
    Yes battery fully charged ,updated latest maps etc from TomTom website. No GPS signal problem existing before and after the updates. Thanks for your reply.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,311
    Superusers
    Does '.etc' include a gpsfix file?

Support:

:flag_au: Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST
    Not sure dhn ,I just took the updates that were offered by TOM TOM. I'm pretty sure I didn't see a gpsfix file among it though.
    Went for a drive this afternoon and after a while it began to get a GPS signal. Still a mystery but thanks to those who replied.