Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 85 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• LukaszPLukaszP Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampard : Thank you for downgrade firmware, but it's still not better. the battery runs out quickly.
    Can you restore the latest software (1.7.64) ? I will have better mp3 support though.
    Regards
  • HordyHordy Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Just managed to get the watch working with my phone again so change of mind - please don't downgrade - leave as it is!!! Thank you!
  • DeporDepor Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi
    i have a runner 2 cardio+music with short battery life. When fully charged it only lasts for about 2 hours with gps without music.

i was reading that possible reason is new firmware. Can I try the rollback to older firmware v1.3.255 to see if this helps? Or any other suggestions.

Thanks
  • BesteverhelmetBesteverhelmet Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    @lampard
    hi, thank you very much for supplying the instructions etc for the rolled back firmware for my runner 2 Unfortunately this has had no impact on the running of the watch and it still runs out of battery exactly like it did before. I have acquired a battery online for a spark 3 which I presume is the same battery? It cost around £10 including delivery from China and it looks like it’s the same one (I have removed the back of my watch and it looks the same). I don’t think there are many left though. 60+ a few days ago. I’m going to try and fit the battery when it comes in a few weeks but what would you suggest as my next step before the battery even gets here?

Thanks

7c40efdf-e54d-480d-8785-474f20859015.jpg
  • spacewolfspacewolf Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard Mate Can I have a roll back as well? Seems my watch doesn't want to sync with my iphone anymore.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,355 TomTom Moderator
    @GreenAlien Please report this to our customer support and they'll be able to help you further with this.

@LukaszP You can connect your watch to the PC via Sports connect and the version 1.7.64 will be offered.

@Depor I've now put you on the version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

@spacewolf Can you please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: iOS? Also, the version 1.3.255 is only available for watches affecting from battery issues.

Cheers, lampard
  • josecnsojosecnso Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hi lampard,
    You could have my runner 3 load the latest version. I want to see if the 1.7.64 improves the current 1.3.255.

Thanks.
    Hi josecnso,

Please connect your watch to the PC and the version 1.7.64 will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

Cheers, lampard
  • Tiago MirandaTiago Miranda Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    @lampard
    hi, thank you very much for supplying the instructions etc for the rolled back firmware for my runner 2 Unfortunately this has had no impact on the running of the watch and it still runs out of battery exactly like it did before. I have acquired a battery online for a spark 3 which I presume is the same battery? It cost around £10 including delivery from China and it looks like it’s the same one (I have removed the back of my watch and it looks the same). I don’t think there are many left though. 60+ a few days ago. I’m going to try and fit the battery when it comes in a few weeks but what would you suggest as my next step before the battery even gets here?

Thanks

7c40efdf-e54d-480d-8785-474f20859015.jpg

Where can I buy one of those?
  • GwindorGwindor Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi, I have a Runner 2 and unable to pair with iOS app since yesterday. Tried to update both the phone app (10.0.2 build 535) and watch software (1.7.64), but to no avail. Tried factory reset on the watch, tried forget bluetooth device on the iPhone, but no luck. Watch displays the PIN, but phone app stays on "connecting", never asks for the PIN.

Any suggestions?
  • jotabjotab Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, I have an iPhone (iOS 11.4) and a Runner 2 and I am unable to pair it with iOS app. I’ve tried to reinstall te app and I’ve done a factory reset on the Watch.
    I’ve read a Lot of comments about the same problem and it seems that the solution is to download a previous firmware. Hoy can I do that?
  • jotabjotab Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    jotab wrote:
    Hi, I have an iPhone (iOS 11.4) and a Runner 2 and I am unable to pair it with iOS app. I’ve tried to reinstall te app and I’ve done a factory reset on the Watch.
    I’ve read a Lot of comments about the same problem and it seems that the solution is to download a previous firmware. Hoy can I do that?

I have solved the problem turning off the phone
  • GwindorGwindor Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Gwindor wrote:
    Hi, I have a Runner 2 and unable to pair with iOS app since yesterday. Tried to update both the phone app (10.0.2 build 535) and watch software (1.7.64), but to no avail. Tried factory reset on the watch, tried forget bluetooth device on the iPhone, but no luck. Watch displays the PIN, but phone app stays on "connecting", never asks for the PIN.

Any suggestions?

I also restarted the phone and this solved the issue.
  • DjarumDjarum Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @lampard could you make the newest firmwareverion available for me? I've downgraded the watch to get rid of the battery issues but it seems to be the battery itself.
    The battery is new now and the watch works like a champ!
  • heat_koheat_ko Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    In my case (after soft rollback) sometimes battery is discharging itself after disconnect from charger. I must ask when will be released new version of software?

Regards
  • pecapeca Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    @lampard would you mind to allow apdate to actual FW for my watch please?
    @Djarum @peca Done! Please connect your watch to the PC and the version 1.7.64 will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

Cheers, lampard
  • pecapeca Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    @lampard Thank you sir.
    @lampard

could i I request a rollback to the newer software too please. The problem is the battery, not the software plus with the old software installed I cannot access my iPhone app.
  • LafrasLafras Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    @lampard

Can you please assist in rolling back software for my runner 3. The latest version was clearly not tested for synching with iPhone and fails all the time. This is the second time I've had to do this.

Not acceptable at all...
  • matoplmatopl Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @lampard

Could you rollback my firmware to version 1.3.255 ?

Thanks
    @Besteverhelmet If you now connect your watch to the PC and the version 1.7.64 will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

@Lafras Can you please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: iOS?

@matopl Are you facing the battery issues? The version 1.3.255 is only available for watches affecting from battery issues.

Cheers, lampard
  • matoplmatopl Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi,
    @lampard , yes I am facing the battery issues.
  • LafrasLafras Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hi @lampard,

I've followed the pairing instructions and the phone happily pairs with the watch. The issue comes when I try to synchronise activities. The synchronisation goes up to about 7% or 8% and then just stops...

Pairing works well as I can get notifications from the phone, i.e. call and message notifications.