TomTom GO 6200 constantly wants to take me down narrow lanes

Kezia
Kezia Registered Users Posts: 5
Master Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
dear tomtom can you sort the maps out please evey time I set a route it wants to send me through dam lanes and avoids motorways it's a constant pain in the neck I even scratched my car as some lanes are that narrow why is it doing this there should be an option to avoid lanes or to use more motorways

Comments

• Kezia
    Master Traveler
    This is putting people in danger by going off route through farm land i will be writing to bbc watchdog as this is not trustworthy and I consider it not fit for purpose under the consumer rights act
  • Kezia
    Master Traveler
    Instead of an option avoid motorways what about avoid lanes when the motoerway can be used as the choice and first option I would not recommend any of these devices till the issues are sorted out .
  • PeterRussell53
    PeterRussell53 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    This has been a major stumbling block for years. I've noticed that if a major A road, with a 60mph national speed limit, is slightly longer than a narrow country lane (a 'white' in Ordnance Survey parlance) which has the same speed rating, the TomTom will direct you down the narrow road, conveniently overlooking the fact that it is generally impossible to maintain the same average speed on these roads unless you have a rally car! Until the software is updated to reflect the width and twists of the road, which is something I can do very easily by simply looking at an Ordnance Survey map, it will never work properly. I also notice that my preferences offer the option of asking me if I want to choose between the quickest or shortest route when planning, but I am never actually offered this option when entering a destination like I was in the good old TomTom days. Sometimes it seems is if TomTom is over-complicating some things whilst ignoring obvious route planning answers that are immediately obvious to anyone who has used a paper map to plan a route.
  • Kezia
    Master Traveler
    They need to do something and bring an update out as it could put people at risk being in lains when motorway can be used it's unbelievable some of the lains I beeb down some have been inpassible the rds are bad as well we are being robbed of our money with poor devises I would not recommend buying any models as even the older version was the same tomtom needs to sort this out asp
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,016
     Superuser
    Hi
    @PeterRussell53
    PeterRussell53 wrote:(Snip)
    I also notice that my preferences on my GO5200 offer me the option of asking if I want to choose between the quickest or shortest route when planning, but I am never actually offered this option when entering a destination like I was in the good old TomTom days. Sometimes it seems is if TomTom is over-complicating some things whilst ignoring obvious route planning answers that are immediately obvious to anyone who has used a paper map to plan a route. Is there a fix for this problem? I am running the latest software but this problem has been there since purchasing the TomTom a year ago.
    See... https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-wi-fi-6200-5200-620-520-52-professional-via-53-go-camper-go-basic-482/routing-on-the-go-5200-narrow-lanes-1039477/index1.html#post1234352

ATB YFM
  • Kezia
    Master Traveler
    Tom tom useless software why did i buy a new devise as the older models are not much dffrent ??