Custom workout limit '5' is way too low

SjuuungeSjuuunge Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I recently ran in to the Custom Workout limit of only 5 workouts in TomTom Sports Planning app. To me, this is highly insufficiënt and I don't see the reason for such a low limit. I follow a training program with many interval variations, so being able to program just 5 of those in to MySports barely scratches the surface :disappointed_relieved: I keep deleting and re-adding workouts just to be able to follow my regime.

The watch itself has pretty much storage, and a workout can at most be a couple of kilobytes big, so I'd say we can squeeze quite a few more in there.

Are there any plans of raising this limit to a more workable amount, say 20, 30, maybe 50? Does anyone else run into this limit being fairly low?

Thanks, happy running!

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,670 Superusers
    This is not going to change. TomTom left the watch industry last year and stopped all development and is in maintenance mode. It is what it is at this point and will not change.
  • SjuuungeSjuuunge Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Sad but I did some reading up on their strategy and unfortunately you're accurate :-).

Time to investigate other brands. Which ones sport the most versatile (workout) software?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,670 Superusers
    Sjuuunge wrote:
    Sad but I did some reading up on their strategy and unfortunately you're accurate :-).

Time to investigate other brands. Which ones sport the most versatile (workout) software?
    These days your choices are really limited to Garmin and Suunto. Go to dcrainmaker.com and look at his in-depth reviews.