Syncing issues with Moto G5 phone

dmx-yorkshiredmx-yorkshire Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 28 in TomTom Adventurer
Hi all,

I've seen similar posts but wanted to see if others have had syncing issues with Motorola phones. I've got a Moto G5 and it can sometimes take quite some time to get it to sync.

I had exactly the same issues with my previous phone, an HTC One M8.

Is there a way to get this working properly, other than re-pairing (which I've done several times).

Many thanks.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,330 Superusers
    Re-pairing is about it. You can try to start over completely using these steps. Uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

Ultimately it is a buggy system and it will not change since TT left the industry last year and stopped all development. It is what it is at this point. I hope this helps answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • dmx-yorkshiredmx-yorkshire Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Many thanks. Didn't realise TT had left the industry, that's sad - I've had Garmin devices in the past and they all died. (maybe just unlucky).

Anyway, thanks again.