AB-1 Address not available some times

Hello all and thanks for taking the time to read my question. Often when i am entering a new address into my device, the option to enter new destination by address is not available. So i click on enter new destination, then the icon AB-1 is not available for me to click, not highlighted. Anyone knows how I can make it work every time on my device?
Cheers, Tony

Comments

• BigTonyBigTony Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    device, Via 1415
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,521 Superuser
    @BigTony

Check the safety settings for showing only essential menu items and uncheck it if active.

See page 10 of the manual http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/non-LIVE/TomTom-US-non-LIVE-RG-en-us.pdf
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,504 Superusers
    Hi
    @BigTony

Its a Safety lock feature....
    If you have a route planned/or still active from a previous journey, try deleting the route and try the device again
    If you now have access to the device for route planning, the safety lock is still active
    When the the safety lock is active + a live route you have restricted access to the planning menu buttons

Check the setting on your device
    If you are still not getting all the planning menu buttons displayed
    From the main menu
    Tap (Setting)
    Right cursor once
    Tap (Safety Setting)
    Un-tick "Show essential menu buttons while driving"
    Tap Next
    Tap Next
    Tap Done
    Tap Done

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'