Joystick on Spark has reversed — TomTom Community

Joystick on Spark has reversed

spannershyspannershy Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I am new to this but my joystick was the right way round move up to go up move down to go down but not now it has reversed for no apparent reason i must press it up to go down

please help

I have tried the soft reset and the factory reset and neither has helped. There is nothing in the Manual that says how to do this and it is making the watch almost unusable as all the arrows point the way to press but the button has to go the other way, it is incredibly frustrating

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,794 Superusers
    spannershy wrote:
    I am new to this but my joystick was the right way round move up to go up move down to go down but not now it has reversed for no apparent reason i must press it up to go down

please help

I have tried the soft reset and the factory reset and neither has helped. There is nothing in the Manual that says how to do this and it is making the watch almost unusable as all the arrows point the way to press but the button has to go the other way, it is incredibly frustrating

That is really weird! I would expect a factory reset to help since it can't really be a hardware problem since it is just a rocker button. Something might have gotten jammed under the button or something. At this point I would suggest calling Customer Support and seeing what they can do. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • timwamrowtimwamrow Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I found this post as I had what appeared to be the same issue - my new Spark 3 watch had reversed its joystick actions. In the end I discovered I was not using the buttons correctly - to activate the 'right' button I was trying to push the square 'joystick' to the right from the left hand side - and this was then pressing the left hand side edge of the button. So for anyone else confused - remember to press downwards on the side of the square you need to operate, rather than pressing the whole square in the direction you are interested in. Bottom line is that this is not a 'joystick', it's four press areas arranged in a square. Hope this helps!
  • ProxyProxy Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you so much i was pulling my hair out till I read this thought I had a duff watch
  • GazzagahanGazzagahan Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    timwamrow wrote:
    I found this post as I had what appeared to be the same issue - my new Spark 3 watch had reversed its joystick actions. In the end I discovered I was not using the buttons correctly - to activate the 'right' button I was trying to push the square 'joystick' to the right from the left hand side - and this was then pressing the left hand side edge of the button. So for anyone else confused - remember to press downwards on the side of the square you need to operate, rather than pressing the whole square in the direction you are interested in. Bottom line is that this is not a 'joystick', it's four press areas arranged in a square. Hope this helps!

awesome! this was driving me buts until i read you post. thanks!