MyDrive Connect after log in goes to wrong page. Go 620 WiFi — TomTom Community

MyDrive Connect after log in goes to wrong page. Go 620 WiFi

Neil-RNeil-R Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 24 in MyDrive Connect
I am trying to use USB to Update. I log in to TomTom and the next screen that appears on MyDrive just gives me a link to be told how to update. There is no toolbar with 'TomTom', 'My Device'. My Content' or 'My Account'. The only option is to go to the instructions on how to update.

If I try to update on the device itself all I get is 'Cannot connect to TomTom services, please try later'. That is in spite of the fact that I am connectiong through a p.c. that is already logged in.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,563 Superuser
    @Neil-R

Have you tried
    • With your computer directly connected to your router via Ethernet
    • Start MyDrive Connect (without your 620 connected) what do you get?
    • Connect your 620, do get the bing/bong Windows notification of a device connected?
    • Is your device showing that it is connected to WiFi, If so go to "Settings" > "Wifi" > select the "saved" network and press "Modify" then "Forget"
    • Select "Updates & New Items" What do you get?
    Also see page 128 of the manual http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/gox20x/refman/TomTom-GO-EU-RG-en-gb.pdf
  • Neil-RNeil-R Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have a TP link router. This is currenlty disconnected and switched off. The pc is connected to the Internet router only. I have followed your instrutions and 'forgotten' the TP Link.
    Reconnected to the p.c. Gone to Updates and was asked for e-mail and password. As usual get 'Oops We're having trouble etc'.
    On this page:- https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25594 get told to reset the device. So will try that. But am somewhat nervous as will then need it to connect so it gets restored.
    Thank you, by the way for quick, prompt and clear reply.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,563 Superuser
    @Neil-R

After looking at several "Oops" threads I'd recommend you to reset your password here and try again.

If that fails contact Customer Services (there are several agents that speak English if need be)

:flag_fr: France
    01 70 36 35 82
    du lundi au vendredi de 09h00 à 17h30

or

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    +44 2079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    Thank you. Support enabled me to log in. So that works. Trying to download my updates now and after an hour have 0% so the saga continues. Going to try a different pc. (not on Satellite).
    It turned out that I had two completely seperate issues, one was with the Go 620 and the other was the internet modem which had glitched within its settings. By the time both were sorted I had lost all maps and had to reload these. This took 29.5 hours! At least I'm up and running.