Bandit app not going past 'Connecting' screen

guystapes82guystapes82 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 27 in TomTom Bandit Action Camera
Hi,

I've been using the camera and app together fine for a couple of weeks. I went to use it yesterday and the app won't work.

I can open the app and create the wifi connection between the app and the camera (camera screen confirms connection), however the app won't go past the 'connecting' screen. I'm not doing anything differently to before when I've been using both together - I've uninstalled the app 3 times, reset both the phone and the camera but still nothing.

Any ideas?

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 3,964 TomTom Moderator
    Hi guystapes82,

Welcome to the Community & sorry about the delay in response!

Have you installed the latest software version 1.61.508 on the Bandit camera? Which Bandit App (Android/iOS) version are you using? As you're having issues with pairing to the Bandit App then you can also download the Bandit Studio software on your PC and update the software using it, see here: Update your camera software

Please make sure to update the camera and give it a test run again to see if its the same after pairing with the smartphone.

Cheers,
    lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• Luke MaximousLuke Maximous Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, was this ever fixed?

I have exactly the same problems and have followed these steps to the letter and its still stuck on the connecting screen.

Used to work now it never does.

Im using a oneplus 3T

Cheers

Luke
  • lampardlampard Posts: 3,964 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Luke,

Do you have the latest software version 1.61.508 on the Bandit camera? Please follow the steps in the above response if not.

At first, I would advise you to make a reset (RESET ALL) on your Bandit camera by following the steps here in public FAQ: How do I reset my Bandit GPS Action Camera?

Once you make a rest, Please follow the link here to troubleshoot the connection between the camera and the App: Troubleshooting the connection between your watch and your Android device
    Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• vehicle-graphicsvehicle-graphics Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have just bought my camera 1 week ago. Right out of the box I couldnt connect it to the phone. Actually I can but it drop the connection every 1 second and then connects again, drops and connects, This forever.

I went back to the store, after I talked to support, and exchange it for a new one.

Same problem,
    Changed another Iphone , and 6S ; Same problem
    Changed to a 8 plus ( I have the 7plus ) ; Same exact problem
    Yesterday I checked on an Android with a friend of mine and there all was Perfect.

Updated the camera to latest software, Upldated the Phone App to latest.

Anyone has any idea how can I make it work on Iphone. I would like to keep the camera but I see myself forced to return it for good if I cannot make it work
  • six3sevensix3seven Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
    January 2019 and this is still a problem... I've used my camera about 3 times in two years because of the inability to connect.
    lampard wrote: »
    Once you make a rest, Please follow the link here to troubleshoot the connection between the camera and the App: Troubleshooting the connection between your watch and your Android device

That page is empty.
  • six3sevensix3seven Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Solved it... saw another post where someone said to turn of mobile data... because the app looks for the camera via mobile data connection... WTF would it do that!?!?

This camera has basically been an expensive paperweight, I've fogotten wifi, reset the camera, reset wifi, removed the app, reinstalled so many times and it was probably mobile data all along.