Battery drain TomTom Spark (version: 1.3.255)

DanielBolt
DanielBolt Registered Users Posts: 6
Master Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi,

The battery of my TomTom Spark is draining in one day. I suppose this is happening after updating the watch to version 1.3.255. I've replaced the software via the hard reset method. But no luck.

I'm using the watch now for one year and i had never problems with the battery. The watch is registering the heart rate and sleep.

Daniël

Comments

• Krzyzu011
    Krzyzu011 Registered Users Posts: 12
    Outstanding Explorer
    I see something similar but it is strange that on watch I see almost empty battery but when I plug it into my computer it show me half of the battery. So maybe TomTom should improve battery icon on the watch to not give misleading perspective.
  • DanielBolt
    Master Traveler
    Exacly! That's my experience too.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,953
     Superuser
    I think the issue is the battery gauge on the watch, not the battery itself. I have found that it will say the battery is down to 1/4 or less a few hours into an activity and it will continue to run for many hours. Battery gauges are generally a rough estimate, but the one on the watch seems more unreliable than most. Is yours actually running out after a day, or is the gauge is just showing it as low? Have you let it run until it dies and see how long that is?
  • DanielBolt
    Master Traveler
    The battery is empty after 48 hours. When the battery is fully charged after thow hours the battery indictor indicates the battery as half full. After three hours it is 25% and after a day it indicates the battery is empty. The TomTom then lives for 24 hours.

This is really crap.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,953
     Superuser
    At this point I would suggest calling Customer Support to see what they can do. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum and may need to replace the device. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • rheckendorn
    rheckendorn Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Is there anymore information on this? I'm having the same issue. My wife also has a spark 3 on the same firmware version but isn't having an issue where it appears the battery is draining. I've reset the watch with no change in the battery behavior. I've not run out the battery of the device, I use it daily and don't want it to die in the middle of a run or workout. I've also sent an email to support and have yet to hear anything back. This is extremely frustrating since I regularly run 10+ miles on a Saturday and now according to the device the battery is about dead, total time on GPS and music is 1:30 to 2 hours depending on distance. Can someone please help?
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,008
    Hi,

I've closed this discussion thread for comments as we've a dedicated thread to handle the software rollback request for battery drain issue. If you've any rollback requests/feedback's, please feel free to post them here: https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/software-version-rollback-requests-battery-pairing-issues-runner-spark-watch-series-1030088

Cheers, lampard