Problems with MapShare? — TomTom Community

Problems with MapShare?

mauromolmauromol Posts: 80 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
edited January 30 in Map quality
Hello,
MapShare updates were usually very frequent, but during the latest weeks I see no update at all available when I connect my device to MyDrive Connect (I have a GO 500).

Also, I tried to report a map correction using the online tool at https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/ and I always get that the report was unsuccessful and hence not sent (not explaining why), asking to retry again later. I suspect that both problems are related.

I can successfully report corrections through my GO 500 device UI, but I can't know of course if those reports will ever be delivered to TomTom or not.

Anybody can tell what is going on?

Thanks,
Mauro

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,187 Superusers
    Support probably has the best idea … maybe:

:flag_it: Italia
    lunedì-venerdì: ore 09:00-17:30 CET
  • mauromolmauromol Posts: 80 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    So are you seeing MapShare updates regularly for your device during these days?
  • JaTeJaTe Posts: 71 [Legendary Explorer]
    I have four reports pending. 3 date back to May this year and I have added another today and in fact could have added more, but as it took 2 years to get TT to rectify their programming for a set of SPECS cameras on the A12 in Essex, I really doubt just how much weight they put on these MapShare reports either.
    To say it is disheartening in trying to improve the data is an understatement.
  • mauromolmauromol Posts: 80 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Yesterday I received a small MapShare update, so at least I can say updates are coming again. Maybe it's just the summer period the cause of so less frequent updates.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online9

TeamPirate
TeamPirate
+8 Guests