Mersey gateway bridge — TomTom Community

Mersey gateway bridge

Chalkie834Chalkie834 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited November 2018 in Map quality
I am an Ambulance driver and most times I am totally dependant on my Tom Tom 5200 for road traffic updates. In the main I am very happy with my device. When I need to access the bridge I use my Samsung phone to get me across then switch back. Not ideal but will have to do untill Feb as I am informed by Tom Tom the updates will be available. I have just got fed up with buying between Garmin and Tom Tom

Comments

• jak68jak68 Posts: 77 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Chalkie834 wrote:
    I am an Ambulance driver and most times I am totally dependant on my Tom Tom 5200 for road traffic updates. In the main I am very happy with my device. When I need to access the bridge I use my Samsung phone to get me across then switch back. Not ideal but will have to do untill Feb as I am informed by Tom Tom the updates will be available. I have just got fed up with buying between Garmin and Tom Tom

Hopefully the update will be correct in February when you currently go across the bridge from Widnes to Runcorn, the first part you are driving in the River Mersey:fearful:. Hopefully this is just down to the bridge being closed on the SatNav.
  • bobbyembobbyem Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    Drove to Widnes tuesday evening and had a complete shambles with the satnav not recognising the new bridge and approaches.
    If it's been open for so long why hasn't tomtom updated its software? August 2018!
    Another problem, again in Widnes, one of the Ship Canal Bridges is closed and tomtom doesn't have the information.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,207 Superusers
    A new 1015 version is due out by the end of this month; hopefully, the mapping in that area will be correct then.