Custom Android App Development

ChavenChaven Posts: 17 [Legendary Explorer]
edited November 2018 in Travel lounge
I will like to write an Android app and stream selected data from my Runners watch using bluetooth to makeup for shortfalls in the current firmware. Typical example will be catching user button presses and retrieving metric data.

Is there a protocol available to allow such enhanced functionality?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,673 Superusers
    Chaven wrote:
    I will like to write an Android app and stream selected data from my Runners watch using bluetooth to makeup for shortfalls in the current firmware. Typical example will be catching user button presses and retrieving metric data.

Is there a protocol available to allow such enhanced functionality?

They have a developed site available which allows companies to use activity data, but it is only after a workout, not while in an activity. The watch does not stream data in real-time, the app only allows for uploads after the fact, so what you are proposing is not possible. Here is a link to the developer platform: http://developer.tomtom.com/

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • robertrexrobertrex Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Developing custom apps often remained a challenging task for the developers. I am also interested to the know which protocol can help this regards.
  • danielhowelldanielhowell Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Well! Your problem sounds pretty serious, and there are numerous situations when it becomes imperative to recover deleted pictures Android. For example, you might have accidentally deleted your photos, or may have been facing an aftermath of a virus attack.
    Not any clue about how to recover deleted photos from Android? Fret not because you have landed in the right place.