One running activity can't upload to Sports website

jintzengjintzeng Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 30 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Hi,few days ago,I've run an running event.
I can see it on my tomtom watch,but can't upload to sport website.
Trying many times to reconnect tomtom watch,I still don't see this running activity.
Please help me to upload it,thanks!:grinning:

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,717 Superusers
    Are you getting any error messages when you plug the watch in or is it being recognized at all? Does the clock face change to a battery charging icon (which indicates it is getting power so there is a partial connection)? A few things to look at (and I apologize if some are very basic, but it is best to get past the obvious issues first):

1) Are you plugged directly into the machine and not a hub?
    2) Does the port work, can the computer detect other devices (like flash drives) in that port?
    3) Is the watch firmly snapped into the cradle and the USB plug firmly in the port?
    4) Is the USB port free of any debris or blockages?
    5) Is the Connect software running (is there an icon for it in the notification area)?
    6) Did you install MySports Connect, not MyDrive Connect? It is downloaded from tomtom.com/123
    7) Do you have administrator rights to the computer?
    8) Is a firewall or antivirus running that is blocking the software from connecting to TomTom (try turning them off before docking the watch)?
    9) Does the computer have a good Internet connection (Internet is required to sync)?
    10) Can you try installing it on a different machine to determine if it is an issue with the computer versus the watch?

Is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle. If it does not have a full connection it will charge but it will not be recognized by the computer. It seems simple but this is generally the issue. It needs to fully click into the cradle and it may help to take it out of the band to do so.

If you can find the ttbin file you can force an upload (if there is no ttbin it is lost). To force MySports to reupload an activity you need to do the following:

1. Exit MySports Connect on your computer (you must use a computer to reupload – right click on the tray icon and select Exit).
    2. Locate the ttbin files (if they are not there the activity is lost and not recoverable - what is on the watch is just summary data, all the detail is gone). On a PC the ttbins are saved in a dated folder for the date of the activity under C:\Users\{User Name}\TomTom MySports\{Watch Name}. On Apple Devices, connect your device to the computer, open iTunes, select your device in the iTunes sidebar, select MySports on the Apps tab under File Sharing and the ttbin files are listed on the right-hand side. Right-click (Mac: ctrl-click) a file to copy it and save it to your computer. In Android, the ttbin files are stored on the internal SD in (/sdcard/TomTom_MySports/[serial number of watch]/workouts/uploaded/).
    3. Copy them to your computer
    4. Place the ttbin files in the serial number directory:
    Windows: C:\Users\[user name]\TomTom MySports\[serial number]
    Mac: [home dir]/TomTom Sports/[serial number]
    5. Restart MySports Connect and connect your watch
    6. Go the Settings page (click the gear icon on the top right) and press the 'Try again' button to re-upload the files.

If nothing above helps you may have a bad dock or there may be computer setting blocking it. At that point I would suggest calling Customer Support and seeing what they can do. They can more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, click Contact at the bottom of this page, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • jintzengjintzeng Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you!!
    Your information is useful.
    I'll try your suggestion to diagnosis my problem.
    ??
  • srtarxsrtarx Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    HELP!!

I am having trouble uploading today's run to my computer. I looked for the ttbin file and see nothing from today, or yesterday. I had to trouble uploading yesterday's swim.

My questions:

1) what happened to yesterday's ttbin file?
    2) I see the summary of today's run on my watch. What happened to the ttbin file?
    3) how do I make sure this doesn't happen again tomorrow?

Thank you!