NDS Maps - How much time? — TomTom Community

NDS Maps - How much time?

DCJunior06DCJunior06 Posts: 65 [Renowned Wayfarer]
edited January 11 in Map quality
Some of the corrections that I noted in Mapshare are already appearing corrected on the map. Some more than three months.

How long after the NDS map will be updated?

Comments

• Met-MannMet-Mann Posts: 51 [Master Traveler]
    Tomtom has promised, that NDS maps will be more detailed and up-to-date. They talked about real-time-maps.
    This was a lie.
    On NDS maps many country lanes are missing, speed limits and map errors have not been fixed compared to the old map type.
    New streets still need more than six months to be shown on the map.
    Here, Google and OSM are much quicker!
  • DCJunior06DCJunior06 Posts: 65 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    There is certainly something wrong. I have corrections that I reported in February/2108 that have already appeared in the mapshare for more than 3 months. They are not available via NDS maps until today.

The real-time maps are far from being a reality. It takes time to be corrected in the mapshare, it takes time to appear corrected, and then it takes an eternity to enter the NDS map.

To hope that this is only a process of adaptation to new technology. That in a short time the corrections are really made in very short space of time.
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Revered Navigator]
    DCJunior06 wrote:
    To hope that this is only a process of adaptation to new technology.
    I'm afraid that this is state of the art.
  • DCJunior06DCJunior06 Posts: 65 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Another problem I noticed is related to the frequency of updates. The app ad in google play says the maps are updated weekly. But it has been 14 days since the last upgrade.

There is still a long delay in the updates to the mapshare map. Unconceivable for a map that is called a real-time map.