Runner 3 off option on watch

Rhyme 007
Rhyme 007 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
HI All, I love my new Runner 3. Very much enjoying the watch and its functionality for the price point. One thing I would ask is you are able to turn the watch off if you plug it in via usb, then load the sports app, hold cntl on keybosard and reset turns to switch off. Why can't we just have an option in the menu to just switch off as well or instead. It would save all the mucking around of turning my pc on, getting the usb cable out etc, etc just to turn it off when not in use. I would LOVE if it could just be that simple. Then to turn back on hold up or something for 3 seconds. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    Why do you need to turn it off at all? The control option is just meant to recover from firmware faults, not to turn it off regularly. In clock mode the battery will last weeks and there is no need to turn it off regularly. And it doesn't matter in any case as TomTom left the wearables market last year and stopped producing new watches and developing the current ones. They are what they are at this point and nothing is going to change.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Rhyme 007
    Rhyme 007 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks for your reply. I have a Suunto Core for my main watch and only use the runner for runnung. I wanted to switch it off in betwren as it is just sitting there draining battery. Im obviously using it differently to other people. I cant see how to mark this as solved.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    Rhyme 007 wrote:
    Thanks for your reply. I have a Suunto Core for my main watch and only use the runner for runnung. I wanted to switch it off in betwren as it is just sitting there draining battery. Im obviously using it differently to other people. I cant see how to mark this as solved.
    It was not set up as a question, so it does not need a solution.