Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 81 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• barerunbarerun Posts: 17 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the answer, jus i´d like to know whether is necessary do downgrade just to 255? I didn´t have problem with battery drain with 1.6.26 which brought lot of useful functions. I think it begun with very last update. Last question - with factory reset will i lost history in mysports or just in watches? Thanks
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,195 TomTom Moderator
    Hi barerun,

There's only 1.3.255 version available now for the rollback in case there is a battery issue with the watch. Also when you perform a factory reset in TomTom Sports Connect, all personal data and settings on your watch are deleted.

Cheers, lampard
  • higor80higor80 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have too problems on BT connections, please add my Spark 3 to the FW downgrade list.

Thanks
  • DwijayaDwijaya Posts: 27 [Outstanding Explorer]
    lampard wrote:
    @jctlmm @clintstone @Izzy20001 I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

@alexr1 Can you please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: iOS
    Let us know the outcome!

Cheers, lampard

what if now i'm on 1.3.255 version and still suffered the battery drain? what version should i go?
  • DwijayaDwijaya Posts: 27 [Outstanding Explorer]
    camj316 wrote:
    Hello,

Since March my tomtom Spark Cardio Music began to drain battery very fast, the watch got dead until 2.5 hrs of use, and in stand by the battery last 1 day. This issue appeared from the one update, today is update to 1.7.64, I already did the resets procedures posted in this forum bui thint the issue isn't resolved yet, I would hate drop the watch because I bought it two in August 2016 (just two years), and the other one doesn't have this problem although hasn't the latest updates.

I hope someone help me, I saw that this topic is very common.

i think you should ask @lampard to guide and lead you to 1.3.255 and welcome to the battery drain society:grin:
    @higor80 Have you tried the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: Android/iOS ? Let us know the outcome!

@camj316 If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download.
    Dwijaya wrote:
    what if now i'm on 1.3.255 version and still suffered the battery drain? what version should i go?

If there's a battery drain with the 1.3.255 version, it's best to get in touch with our customer support and they'll be able to assist you further.

Cheers, lampard
  • KomakinoKomakino Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    hi @lampard, since a couple of weeks I experience the same battery drain issue with the latest firmware. Can you please provide me the old firmware version?

Sidenote
    No offence to you - I know there is not much you can do about it... , but this forum thread is about 1 year old. Hundreds of customers experience this problem, and until today TomTom still didn't provide a permanent solution. It's acceptable to provide a firmware rollback for a short time period, but after more than 1 year is ridiculous, customers expect a decent solution and not a workaround.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,789 Superusers
    Komakino wrote:
    hi @lampard, since a couple of weeks I experience the same battery drain issue with the latest firmware. Can you please provide me the old firmware version?

Sidenote
    No offence to you - I know there is not much you can do about it... , but this forum thread is about 1 year old. Hundreds of customers experience this problem, and until today TomTom still didn't provide a permanent solution. It's acceptable to provide a firmware rollback for a short time period, but after more than 1 year is ridiculous, customers expect a decent solution and not a workaround.
    @Komakino Unfortunately, shortly after these flawed updates were released TomTom left the wearables market, stopped all development and laid off their Sports Division so I doubt it is every going to be solved. The rollback is the only solution.
  • PhillgriffPhillgriff Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi my battery is draining quick on my Tomtom Runner 3. Can only use gps for 2 hrs on a cycle before it runs out. Battery also drains quickly using stop watch. Watch is 13 months old. I have version 1.7.64.
  • barerunbarerun Posts: 17 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @barerun If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download.

Cheers, lampard
    Hi lampard, solution didnt help, now i have instaled 1.3.255 and battery runs out after 7 hours in running mode with HR. No using and everything switched of, battery drains round 2days. I have watch for 1,5 year, may i claim for a warranty change ?

cheers, Barerun
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,789 Superusers
    ohh ... that's not what I wanted. I thought there was a DIY way to revert to an earlier version whenever I wanted to. In fact I am at 1.6.26 right now, anxious to try the new version. Can you undo that? Thank you.
    You don't want the new version, it is likely to break connectivity and cause the battery to drain fully in less than an hour, that is why they are rolling everyone back. You gain nothing but headaches from updating it.
  • aspi5762aspi5762 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hello there,

Grateful if I could please be rolled back to the old version. I cannot sync my watch to my phone and get only an hour of battery life after a full charge.

Thank you!
  • Julio ManoJulio Mano Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi, can I also have my Adventurer rolled back to previous version of firmware? Followed every sugestion in the foruns and still nothing. It is a brand new watch with 1,7,64 that gives me the pin but then stays forever trying to pair.
    @Komakino @Phillgriff I've now put you on the version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

@aspi5762 Can you please PM me the email address to which you've linked your watch and I'll have a look at it?

@Julio Mano I would advise you to follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: Android/iOS

@barerun It's best if you can contact our support and they'll be able to assist you further. You can click on 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

Cheers, lampard
    lampard wrote:
    @Komakino @Phillgriff I've now put you on the version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

@aspi5762 Can you please PM me the email address to which you've linked your watch and I'll have a look at it?

@Julio Mano I would advise you to follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: Android/iOS
    @barerun It's best if you can contact our support and they'll be able to assist you further. You can click on 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

Cheers, lampard

Thanks but I have tried that with no sucess. I believe there is un incompatibility with TomTom firmware 1,7,64 and Miui 9 or 10 xiaomi redmi note 4x because I was able to pair with an old Motorola xt1032 with bluetooth 4.0. The only solution left is to try the 1.3.255 firmware.
  • EserranoEserrano Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard Could you please roll back my Spark3 to 1.3.255, tired of waiting for a fix on the battery issue, thanks, /Erik
  • Deianira1Deianira1 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @lampard Could you please also roll back my Spark3 to 1.3.255? Thank you
    @Eserrano @Deianira1 If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download.

Regards, lampard
    lampard wrote:
    @Eserrano @Deianira1 If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download.

Regards, lampard
    @lampard please roll back my watch. I have tried EVERY suggestion I was sent and that I read here and still nothing.
    This is very frustrating, and if doesnt work with the old firmware I will return the watch to the store. This is almost useless since I go by days without going to a PC, and the idea of having to manually, by cable, upload my workouts defeats the purpose of having such a watch.
    Thanks
    Julio
  • MerenderoMerendero Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi, I´m having problems with the battery duration, could anyone of the Tomtom team downgrade my tomtom runner 3 firmware to this version 1.3.255?

Thanks,

Manuel
  • Wes89Wes89 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edit: never mind I sorted the problem

thanks
    Wes
    @Merendero The version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect when you perform a factory reset on your watch.

Cheers, lampard
  • PepperDustPepperDust Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    @lampard I've gotten my watch on version 1.3.255 now, but it only made things worse.
    The watch says "Ready to go" immediately when connected. But keeps on charging, even after 24 hours. Then the moment I unplug it, it dies due to lack of power. In other words, it doesn't get to a full charge and only lasts 1 second.
    The watch was working perfectly when on version 1.7.62. Problems started at version 1.7.64
    I can't imagine the battery died by coincidence.
    Can we try version 1.7.62 for me?
  • Deianira1Deianira1 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @lampard - Thank you for the rollback! I will post if it works. Sorry to see TomTom has exited the wearables market. I love my Spark3!
  • m-appm-app Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard Could you please rollback my device as well. The battery drain is turning into a nuisance and happy to have found this thread. Perhaps you should update more users pro-actively?