Can't update Via 620 — TomTom Community

Can't update Via 620

Hi,
I can no longer update my Via 620.
I have lifetime map up dates but still can't update and no longer able to contact anyone at the company.
Has anyone else had this issue?

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,311
    Superusers
    Support:

:flag_au: Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,495
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Mac04

Tomtom EOL (End of Life)

Tomtom have already stated that Lifetime Maps and any Existing Map Subscriptions will be honoured

See VikramK Post (TomTom Staff) Here....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/news-and-announcements-37/end-of-life-device-with-lifetime-maps-1032484/index1.html#post1207861

If you have Lifetime Maps or an existing Map Subscriptions Call Tomtom Support...

When calling....
    Tomtom are monitoring Eol support by an Auto Response System
    When prompted DO NOT provide your Tomtom model information, wait for a live agent to respond

:flag_au: Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST

ATB YFM
  • Mac04Mac04 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Thank you for your reply and help.
    I called the "help desk" today and was able to speak to someone. But apparently the "Lifetime map up dates" don't work anylonger as the down loads are too big to fit onto the device.
    Not sure why it comes as an option then.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,495
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Mac04

If you definitely have Lifetime maps... Tomtom have already stated that Lifetime Maps and any Existing Map Subscriptions will be honoured

See VikramK Post (TomTom Staff) Here....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/news-and-announcements-37/end-of-life-device-with-lifetime-maps-1032484/index1.html#post1207861

"WM">Start 60 / Via 620 (2012), 2GB + Micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3Eol
    "WN">Start 60 / Via 620 (2012), 4GB + Micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3
    "WO">Start 60 / Via 620 (2012), 8GB + Micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3

I would think Your Via 620 serial number starts with "WM"
    The Oz map is only about 333KB it should still install...

ATB YFM
    Hi - def do have lifetime maps - going to get a SD card to increase memory and see how that goes.
    Superusers
    Mac04 wrote:
    Hi - def do have lifetime maps - going to get a SD card to increase memory and see how that goes.

@Mac04

Get a 16 gb SanDisk card for the device. My suggestion, anyway.
    Thanks - I ordered a card so fingers crossed it works.
    Hi - finally got a new SD card. Installed and all looked ok.
    BUT still can't update the life time maps...……..when I log on to the Tom Tom site it doesn't connect the device. I have unloaded and loaded the device a couple of times but it just doesn't appear.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong...….the only thing I can bring up is the replacement offer...…………...are they doing this on purpose???

It is driving me crazy - I have been trying to up date this for months!!!:rage:
    Superusers
    You are using MyDriveConnect (get it at tomtom.com/getstarted) for the updating of your device?

Call support to walk you through the updating process. Have them stay on line while you go through the steps. That's what they get paid for.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,814
    Superuser
    @Mac04

Uninstall MyDriveConnect and get a fresh copy from here https://au.support.tomtom.com/app/product_select/locale/en_AU