TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

How to Send Another Country's Route from Route Planner to My Device?

VXeroVXero Posts: 43 [Renowned Wayfarer]
edited January 23 in MyDrive and Road Trips
I'm in the US and am planning a trip to Ireland. I set up routes in MyDrive Route Planner and used "Send to Device" to put them on my GO600. But when I do that, since I'm still in the US, it says "No Route Possible" because the map for the US is not active. How can I send a route in Ireland to my GO600 so I can save it on my device?

I know I can sync the map, but I can't edit a synced route.

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,491 Superuser
    @V Xero

Try selecting the map, on your device, that the route will start and finish in (both must be true) before you try syncing. ("Send to device")
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button :thumb_up:
    If someone answered your question? Answer yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • VXeroVXero Posts: 43 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I did that, but my device knows I'm in the US so it can't find a route to the starting point in Ireland.

"Send to Device" and Sync are not the same thing. You can't edit a route on your device that's been synced. You can if it is sent to the device then saved on that device.
  • tugmantugman Posts: 330 [Revered Navigator]
    Have you tried just saving the route. Itn and opening a window showing the unit plus another showing where you have saved the route and use the drag and drop method.
    With a route you are able to do some changes to the routes on the unit while syncing sends it as a gpx. The later can not be modified.
    I prefer to use my route app or tyre to travel for my route planning.
    My GO600 doesn't show up in File Manager so I don't know how to drag and drop the route to the device.

On the navigation device I can set the first site to "Use as Starting Point." If I could do that in Route Planner, I should be able to send the route to the device. I can't find anywhere in Route Planner to do this.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 13,981 Superusers
    Hi
    @V Xero

The GO 600 doesn't have the same file loading options as The Tomtom Rider 4xx/5xx devices

The NONE Motorcycle devices have to use a Micro SD card to transfer .ITN Routes

To transfer a route to your NAV4 device using a Micro SD Memory Card.....
    Format you memory card on your PC to FAT32 format
    Copy you .GPX or .ITN route file to your Memory Card

My GO 5000 showing no routes installed.....

ca63324a-1f9d-4ae6-b84e-f924cfccf9f8.jpgInsert the SD Memory card into the Card Slot the device will recognise the Memory Card.....

ee41c992-7c40-4ad4-bd6f-e6a4c258fe3f.jpg
    fcbd0e45-8cba-4575-996a-6715a6c67744.jpg
    2f5dc2eb-de59-4977-a3ef-4de9a15b21f0.jpg
    6b9f6fba-2499-4670-97b5-854c143f3382.jpg
    14213df2-c56b-46ad-a0b6-0d0f7abe13eb.jpgRoutes Transferred.....

Note....
    A .ITN Route is displayed with a solid arrow
    A .GPX Track is displayed with a dotted arrow

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > Thumb's Up Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    Thanks for taking the time to document this procedure - I'd never have figured it out. It actually works, BUT, the route, for some reason, at least for the one I copied to my GO600, doesn't have all the stops on the Route Planner route. More importantly, the menu for a stop only gives the choices "Rename" or "Use as Starting Point." I cannot delete a stop, which is what I want to be able to do.
    I looked at YamFazMan's post again. I saved my route in *.GPX format. Maybe *.ITN would have the choice of deleting a stop, but I don't see how to save a route in *.ITN format. The only choice I see is *.GPX.
    I found the solution to my problem, but it is pretty clunky. I save each stop on the route to "My Places;" when they are sent to the device I reassemble them into a route. The first stop is set as the starting point so I can see the route even if I am not at the time located anywhere on that map. If TomTom allowed us to set the first stop on a route as the starting point in MyDrive Route Planner, we wouldn't have to do this. Here are the steps:

Attach the device and open MyDrive Connect
    Open the MyDrive Route Planner route to see each stop
    Copy the name of the stop, then open "Search" and find the Stop
    Save each Stop to "My Places;" I suggest naming them in some kind of numerical order, such as Day 4-1, Day 4-2, etc.
    The saved Stops are sent to the device automatically
    On the Device:
    Select the first Stop in "My Places"
    Select "Use as Starting Point"
    Select the next Stop
    Select "Drive"
    Select each additional Stop and "Add to Current Route"
    If the Stops are not in the correct order, select "Current Route" "Reorder Stops" and change the order
    When done, select Menu, "Current Route," "Add to My Routes" and name the route

Now when I get to Ireland I'll be able to make changes in the route while on the road.

As I said, pretty clunky. And tedious.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 13,981 Superusers
    Hi
    @V Xero

Have you tried creating your .ITN Route using one of the route planners suggested below

Then transferring the .ITN route to your GO 600....
    Using the Micro SD Card method....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/how-to-send-another-country-s-route-from-route-planner-to-my-device-1037940/index1.html#post1228864

Tyre to Travel....
    http://www.tyretotravel.com/download-tyre/

MyRouteApp....
    https://www.myrouteapp.com/en/home

ITN Converter....
    I like the Free, slightly quirky, but very good ITN Converter

ITN Converter has a huge number of Map types including the Tomtom Routes Map, the ITN Converter also Saves/Exports a huge number of route file types, it will also export straight to the Tomtoms MyDrive Route planner... But I use the Save/Export to my Desktop, then use a Micro SDHC card for .ITN Route transfer

The ITN Converter is quirky because it uses It uses two Windows, one with all the save/export options the other, being the "Editor Window" where you plan your routes
    Get ITN Converter here...
    http://www.benichou-software.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&itemid=3&lang=en
    I think the ITN Converters ViaMichelin and the Nokia OVI Maps appear to be a good match to Tomtom Maps
    There is a Tomtom Map but the zoom level is a little restricted

Edit...The Zoom levels on the Tomtom Maps have improved quite a lot since the last time I used ITN Converter

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > Thumb's Up Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'