TomTom Spark not connecting to PC — TomTom Community

TomTom Spark not connecting to PC

agrotleagrotle Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
Hi

Lately my TomTom Spark watch hasn't been registered as connected to the PC (to the TomTom program on the PC), although it is charging. Does anyone know what the problem may be?

About a month back my USB to watch-cable didn't connect properly to the watch as not all the pins on the cable-end that connects to the watch was "in position". (They were pushed down so far that they didn't actually touch the connection points on the watch) I was able to fix this, at least to get the watch to charge again, but could this be why the PC isn't registering the watch?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,655
    Superusers
    That is exactly why it is not registering. Two pins are for charging and the other ones are for connecting. Make sure they are all fully extended and not bent and there is no grime on the contacts on the watch. Since it failed once already you should call Support and see if they can send you a new dock, it is covered under warranty and is purchasable if out of warranty. To get the number for Customer Support, select Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • TricylokTricylok Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I connected my Spark (HN 2416G02441) by USB to-watch cable on my PC.
    I received the messages "connected", "synchronization is prepared", "institutions and activities are synchronized", "quickstep is updated" and finally "ready to start" (in Dutch).
    Unfortunately... none of my new activities are stored in Tom Tom Sports!
    I have this problem already since 28 June 2018 :disappointed:!
    What should I do to solve this problem?

Many many thanks for an answer!

PS: Synchronization on my GPS app goes fine!