TomTom not taking through car speakers

Sarah Jane BaileySarah Jane Bailey Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi. I’ve been all long term TomTom user and recently changed to TomTom Go app for iPhone 8 Plus. Is works great but it won’t talk when connected to Bluetooth in car.
I’ve gone through all my settings and everything is set up to have serena speak through speakers but won’t.
Atm I have to turn off Bluetooth to get the app to talk but that means I can answer calls while I’m driving. This mean if I make touch my phone to answer it now with new driving laws I could instantly lose my licence as I’m a new driver.
This needs sorting from look of older post this has been a problem for a long time. I paid for my old TomTom app and had absolutely no issues but TomTom discontinued it and could get updates anymore. I’m very annoyed it would work properly. Support needs to sort it out. What’s point of buying/using it if it work work properly

Comments

• Steve ASteve A Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I have the same issue and would like to know how to get it to work, No voice navigation when connected via Bluetooth is rediculous
  • Sarah Jane BaileySarah Jane Bailey Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Steve. I have to turn off Bluetooth and turn volume up then it’ll talk. Down side is I can’t speak to someone if they ring me while using tomtom navigation. This has been a long term problem that needs sorting
  • Steve ASteve A Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi Sarah I have sorted it, once the phone connects to the car via Bluetooth swipe up to get to the control panel then press and hold the audio/media square and select iPhone. Then start TomTom, as TomTom broadcasts via the media channel, you could have it playing through the speakers by selecting “[email protected] on the car stereo but you would not be able to listen to the radio , either method will allow the phone to be used with Bluetooth connection
  • Sarah Jane BaileySarah Jane Bailey Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Steve A