Pairing Runner 3 to iPhone app

Chantaljmv
Chantaljmv Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Since the last update, 1.7.64 (which I got only recently because I hardly ever connect my watch to my computer), I cannot pair my watch to my phone. I had to set the watch to factory settings because it didn't sync to my phone any more. Now when I try to pair them again, the screen with the code slides back and I cannot finish the pairing. I thought this update was supposed to fix this problem, but I never had the problem and now I do. Is anyone going to fix this or am I going to take it back to the store?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,949
     Superuser
    Did you first remove the watch from the BT menu in the phone. Any time you reset the watch or the app you need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu to remove the existing pairing codes. The steps are: factory reset the watch (which you did), uninstall the app (you can probably skip this), remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, reinstall the app (only if you uninstalled the app), select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Chantaljmv
    Chantaljmv Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks a lot! I only needed to remove the watch from the bluetooth menu, then it paired just fine :-) And it looks like it is syncing again as well, which was the reason I had to do the factory reset.