TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Substitute for Nike+ Sportwatch

wiepsgoingfastwiepsgoingfast Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Since 2011 I'm running with my Nike+ Sportwatch. Nike announced recently to stop the support of this watch. So now I've to find a new one. Which TomTom Sportwatch can sync with the NRC app and also have the option to program interval runs?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,609 Superusers
    None of them will sync directly with the Nike app, you would need to sync with the TT app which will send the data to Nike. However I would not recommend buying a TT considering they left the wearables market and are not producing any new devices. We can safely assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes (and even that may be limited - it has been over six months since the last update broke connectivity for many users and introduced battery drain issues and that is still unresolved). I would not expect much more development and certainly not something major particularly on the watch side (they may continue to tweak the MySports site and app, but not the watches themselves). You should look elsewhere.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • wiepsgoingfastwiepsgoingfast Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    None of them will sync directly with the Nike app, you would need to sync with the TT app which will send the data to Nike. However I would not recommend buying a TT considering they left the wearables market and are not producing any new devices. We can safely assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes (and even that may be limited - it has been over six months since the last update broke connectivity for many users and introduced battery drain issues and that is still unresolved). I would not expect much more development and certainly not something major particularly on the watch side (they may continue to tweak the MySports site and app, but not the watches themselves). You should look elsewhere.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
    Thanks a lot for your answer! Last saturday I was in the shop to buy a TomTom Runner 3 and there they told me a simular story. This shop is selling out the TT's and they do not order new ones. The TT Runner 3 I wanted to by was sold out. So now I'm thinking about de Garmin forerunner 235, which is double in price and has less functionality. But I do not want to end up in a year or so when the support for TT sportwatches stops, just as happens with my Nike+ sportwatch :-(
    The Garmin Vivoactive 3 is a good device for a decent price. and the Garmin's have a much larger feature set than the TT's, I am not sure where you got the impression it has less functionality (at least if you go with a non-running only model). Remember you get what you pay for and the old adage "buy cheap, buy twice".

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • TederwinTederwin Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    If you paid to own a Nike GPS device how can Nike legally STOP transmitting a GPS signal?
    Tederwin wrote:
    If you paid to own a Nike GPS device how can Nike legally STOP transmitting a GPS signal?
    Nike does not transmit a GPS signal, satellites do and the watch simply picks up the signal. You can still get a signal and the watch will still work, Nike simply shut down the website that you upload the data to and any customer support, so it is basically useless.